Advice on a career change?

Associate
I am considering a change in my career as I am at a turning point in my life due to one reason and another. I am currently a Business Analyst working in the online recruitment industry. My daily job is over seeing the integration on job boards allowing companies to post jobs to multiple job boards at once. The job is not something I aimed to do more something I fell into and I do as its convenient but I would much rather be doing something else.

I have been thinking about the following ideas of late:

• Web Development/Programming
  • iOS/Android App Programming
  • Graphic Design
  • Internet/Network Security

I have absolutely no coding experience apart from basic HTML and CSS and even then its out dated as I haven’t touch HTML5 or CSS. Most of the web dev jobs I look at require SQL/PHP and jQuery on top, if not more.

I used to really enjoy designing websites but have fallen away from that area would like to start learning again. So I guess the point of this post is to ask advice on how to go about getting back into the industry and how to go about gaining qualifications that would get me a job. I have 10 years professional experience under my belt ranging from IT Assistant, Web Design and Business Analsyt so I think with the right qualifications on top I could move my career in a different direction.

The reason for considering app development is that’s it’s a hot topic just now and I have a few ideas of my own that I think could work. So is there any way of getting into this line of work starting from a blank canvas really?

Appreciate the feedback!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom