• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD FX CPU Overclocking

Soldato
as a beginner, that definitely seems clear, i'd like to know what his ram speed was at when he finished the overclock.

don't think i'll be overclocking soon, temps are still way too high at stock let alone with additional heat chucked in there

Associate
OP
Sub him and drop him a message ... But I think the key is keep your mem speed at its set clock while you are clocking the CPU and once that is stable then work on the mem clock as it will be different depending on the motherboard you have I think.

Soldato
Most motherboards have a set number of ratios for memory 1333 | 1600 | 1866 etc.

If you have not changed the busclock from 200MHz, these ratios will remain the same.

If you overclock the bus above 200MHz, for example 250MHz, the memory ratio will increase by 250 /200 = 1.25 so you get 1667 | 2000 | 2333 etc.

You may need to reduce the selected ratio from 1600 to 1333 if you were using 1600 ram and a busclock of 250Mhz in this example.

Also the HT and NB ratio will increase and may need reducing. Ensure you fix the PCIe clock at 100MHz when overclocking the Bus clock.

This is a simplistic case but shows the effect of increasing the bus clock.

I have successfully overclocked the bus to 302MHz in one of my saved bios profiles but use 218MHz as a 24/7 overclock. My overclock uses patriot 2133MHz ram at 2030Mhz and a bus clock of 218MHz at 21.5 multiplier.

Back
Top Bottom