• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***OFFICIAL GTX 770 OVERCLOCKING THREAD***

Soldato
Haven't seen one of these on the forums and have just started trying to clock my MSI Gaming edition using MSI AB :D

Gone straight in at:

Core Voltage: +0mV
Power Limit: 111% (max)
Temp Limit: 94ºC (max)
Core: +141 (1200MHz)
Memory: +195 (1850MHz)

Been playing BF3 fine for the last 2 hours max temp 65ºC, GPU usage at around 80% (held back by my Q9550 probably - although that is running @4GHz and isn't showing max usage on all cores, so I'm not entirely sure).

What overclocks are people getting with their GTX 770s?

Last edited:
Managed to push it a bit further to 1296MHz core on boost but the display driver crashed after about 30 mins gaming. Not even tried upping voltage yet so looks like I got a good clocker compared to some of the review samples :D

Come on 770 owners, whack up ur clocks!

Last edited:
I can't manage to push my KFA2 GTX 770 EX OC much higher, will report back on this when I get home, as I managed to push a tiny bit more from it.

It would be good to get this thread going, be nice to see what people have managed to achieve with similar cards / brands.

Wow nice! If it will go almost an extra 100MHz for benching u must be able to get it somewhere in the middle for 24/7 I would have thought.

Hopefully RetrogamerX will pop into this thread with his SLI 770 lightnings!

Last edited:
If you figure out a way to increase the voltage above 1.2v I'm all ears!

Gainward GTX770 4GB w/EK FC-680 & backplate for the extra ram on the back.

Day to day 1254/4005, max temp 54 degrees running Heaven & Prime95 for a good hour to heat up my water loop. I have benched at 1280 but it's not stable.

Good choice :D I got my core up to +160, higher than that and I was getting "display driver stopped responding" and "DirectX freezes". I need to try to get the memory above 200 next.

I would recommend setting a custom fan profile, on BF3 on the auto mode I get up to 74°C but with a custom fan profile on a curve with 75% fan speed at 70°C temps drop to 64°C and it's only slightly noisy (would not notice it at all with headphones on). This is in a case with poor air circulation and also not particularly hot here at the moment.

Last edited:
I've been playing with mine (card that is) taking it slow as usual.

Valley & gaming (Serious Sam 3) seem good for 1267mhz boosted. Tried 1280mhz but SS3 started complaining after 10 mins :(

So dropped it back to 1267mhz (boosted) & trying memory at 3700mhz.

Asics is only 75.8%, bbooo :( Not had a real decent clocking card since 5800NU.

How much did power limit/temp limit & core mv help yours? Also in AB if you click to show power limited & temp limit the core clock disappears? Do you just set power/temp then go back into core setting?

When memory clock is maxed out does it just throttle & offer no more performance or does it artifact?

Tried setting aggressive fan profile to keep temps to 70C max. Should be easier when winter comes. Fans are quiet anyway.

Notice my power % only seems to go to like 73%, whats this relate to?

For £300 delivered its a nice little upgrade til Maxwell.

Last edited:
The limit on my core seems to be +155MHz (1214MHz pre-boost, [TBC] boosted) but adding Core Voltage seems to make no difference :( I've got the memory to +250MHz (1905MHz) but still testing to go higher.

Back
Top Bottom