Sky Box problem, can't order from Box Office

Associate
Hello,

Basically I want to order Summerslam, but a box appears on the screen saying I can't purchase.

The sky box is connected to the Internet via my Apple Airport, but it isn't and can't be directly connected to the phone line.

Is there a way to order online? Or over the phone? And will I be able to record the event if I use one of these ways?

Thanks!

Associate
Yeah it authorizes your card to view it so its just like ordering it through your box in the end, just a bit more hassle in having to pick up your phone etc.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Plus there is a charge iirc for ordering over the phone.

sky website said:
You can also book Sky Box Office events by phoning Sky but please note that ordering by phone incurs a small administration charge.

Though, have you not received the recent update? When mine rebooted it said in the update blurb that BO could now be booked through your network connection and not the phone line.

Associate
OP
Plus there is a charge iirc for ordering over the phone.

Though, have you not received the recent update? When mine rebooted it said in the update blurb that BO could now be booked through your network connection and not the phone line.

How do you receive the update? When was it released?

Caporegime
Cheers.

Will I still be able to record the event?

If ordered via sky, be that via the website, on the phone or via the automated order line you will NOT be able to record it but you WILL be able to watch all showings

If you want to record it the ONLY way is to order via your box. Phone up Sky and ask them to check your 'IPPV' flag and that your credit limit is set correctly.

Associate
OP
If ordered via sky, be that via the website, on the phone or via the automated order line you will NOT be able to record it but you WILL be able to watch all showings

If you want to record it the ONLY way is to order via your box. Phone up Sky and ask them to check your 'IPPV' flag and that your credit limit is set correctly.

Thanks for the clarification.

I ended up bringing the sky hub into the living room, hooking it up temporarily, and ordering that way. :D

It's a pain, but the layout of sockets in my living room is baffling, not useful placements at all!

The Sky hub is now back in the bedroom, and my PPV is set to record. Happy days.

Back
Top Bottom