• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Bottlenecking and Vsync question

Associate
Not really sure about this but in BF3 with vsync GPU 1 & 2 utilization are under 50% and higher CPU usage which i thought means a bottleneck caused by the CPU.

But with vsnyc off i get 99% on both GPU with high CPU and 130 fps average. I have never had a problem playing BF3 always been smooth.

Just dont know how a bottleneck works as you will all say i have one because i have a i7 920 @4.4Ghz :eek:

VSYNC ON

VSYNC OFF

I think i might be missing something obvious here :D

Associate
Not really sure about this but in BF3 with vsync GPU 1 & 2 utilization are under 50% and higher CPU usage which i thought means a bottleneck caused by the CPU.

But with vsnyc off i get 99% on both GPU with high CPU and 130 fps average. I have never had a problem playing BF3 always been smooth.

Just dont know how a bottleneck works as you will all say i have one because i have a i7 920 @4.4Ghz :eek:

VSYNC ON

VSYNC OFF

I think i might be missing something obvious here :D

Hello, What GPU are you using? As i have just upgraded my cpu to a i7 3770k and still my gpu's are not on 99% usage?

Back
Top Bottom