Obsidian Build

Associate
I have recently started a new build and have big plans for this system. I have a load of watercooling components on order so have been preparing the system for the watercooling modifications.
IMG_1766_zps87340a1a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1771_zpsb63f4806.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Hard drive cages moved to allow space for quad radiator in base of case
IMG_1768_zpsa986fd57.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Unnecessary hardware removed from base of case, sound card and GTX 780 installed
IMG_1776_zpse32713b1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
System ready for watercooling hardware to arrive!

Watercooling components on order:
EK Water Blocks EK-FB KIT ASUS M6F - Acetal+Nickel
XSPC D5 Vario Pump & XSPC Acetal D5 Top
XSPC EX480 120mm Radiator - Black
XSPC Photon 270 Tube Reservoir
4x Corsair Fan, SP120 PWM High Pressure Fan
Mayhems Pastel - Red Coolant
Bitspower Blood Red Multi-Link Adapters

I am going for a rigid tubing setup, was originally going to use acrylic tubing but I think I'll go for copper piping instead, should look nice :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Wow cool cant wait to see copper piping :)
Yea, I'm hoping I can do it justice. If the end product is anything like what I've got in my head, it will be beautiful!

Thats a massive case! Cant wait to see the water cooling set up! I myself plan on going this route in a few months.
Yea, the case is massive, but I love it!

I think its perfect as it is :D

I do like those mobos, what fittings do you need for copper pipe?
The CPU is overheating so I have to upgrade the system cooling, and why not go down the custom watercooling route? Apart from the fact that it aint cheap...
I have ordered these https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-387-BP for use with the copper pipe. It seems that 12mm copper pipe is very rare in the UK but I managed to source some.

Caporegime
That case would completely dwarf any remotely 'normal' build. It looks ridiculous without being packed full of radiators haha. :p

Cant wait to see some copper goodness.

Associate
OP
Still waiting on most of the parts coming and have realized that I had made a daft mistake and not ordered a CPU waterblock. I had thought that the EK Water Blocks EK-FB KIT ASUS M6F had a CPU waterblock but turns out, I was mistaken.
Extra parts ordered from OCUK and a revised loop design as you can see here:

I have also ordered a waterblock for the graphics card.

Just need all the parts to come so I can start building!

Associate
Looking forward to seeing this one completed.

I did think about doing a copper pipe build for my 900D (especially as one of my house mates a plumber)

Any chance you can give me a link to that 900D plan as it'd be handy for planning my build?

Associate
OP
All parts from Overclockers arrived today but still awaiting copper piping. Will start putting things together tomorrow morning. I really hope the pipe arrives so I can get the system up and running. Photos and details will follow when the build commences :)

Associate
OP
Well the pipe still hasn't arrived but I have fitted most of the waterblocks, radiator, fans, pump and reservoir. Will post some pics tomorrow.

Ran into a bit of an issue when I realised that the XSPC Razor GTX Titan / 780 / 780Ti GPU Waterblock doesn't fit on the EVGA GeForce GTX 780 ACX FTW. Well that's going to set me back a bit... Will be phoning OCUK in the morning to try and work out a solution... I'm hoping I can get something sorted out.

Associate
OP
Hmm, turns out OCUK don't have a compatible waterblock for my graphics card so looks like I'll have to do without watercooling the GPU...

Anyway, here are some pics of what I got up to yesterday :)

Box of tricks

Draining valve fitted to rad for future maintenance

Res & pump in place

Motherboard

Res, pump, rad & fans

Time to put my graphics card back together and try and complete the loop!

Back
Top Bottom