Asus x79 DLX+4820K Overclock

Soldato
Well just built a new rigg > Asus x79 DLX+4820K+TeamGroup 2133MHz[Quad Channel], been messing about while finishing off installing my game's and other programme's.

But l keep stopping and start to do some overclocking my 4820k to see how this Asus x79 DLX performs as it Fully Optimized and so Fully Supports IVY-E.

Well with just a few changes in the Bios 4.3 was very easy to reach the CPU Vc:1.312v and temps while just running a few quick benchmarks full load were about 45'c.

So to cut it short l tried the Asus 4-Way Optimization that reviews went on about and praised as it was near to doing it manually in the Bios.

So loaded Default Settings booted into windows and clicked the Asus 4-Way Optimization, during the test it stress tests the CPU frome a starting point on how good your spec is memory, cooling[temps].

My PC started from 4.3GHz then stress tested:Passed, 4.4GHz same again, 4.5 same again, 4.6 DItto, 4.7 Yes it Passed, 4.8 Failed. So the PC rebooted and didn,t have a clue what it would set my Overclock?

Can you believe 4.6GHz, who,s a happy oldphart so inpractice my last good OC was 4.7GHz.

CPU-Z-

WPrime-

CineBench R15-

Prime95-

During the test the Mobo temp:29'c, CPU Core's temp 64'c did not go above these temps. But may be able to reduce voltage's manually in the Bios to see if l can get them any lower so reducing temps a bit further.

But will do a bit more testing and do some gaming, l'm really impressed how good this Asus x79 DLX+4820K combo is performing.

Right you guy's with x79 builds what is the Safe Max Voltage for 24/7 running regarding my 4820K?

As its X79 its not as straight forward doing it manually but this will give you a good idea of how your chip will overclock good or bad.

Oldphart.:D

Right you guy's with x79 builds what is the Safe Max Voltage for 24/7 running regarding my 4820K?

As its X79 its not as straight forward doing it manually but this will give you a good idea of how your chip will overclock good or bad.

Oldphart.:D

Hi,

Is safe to set the CPU Core 1.4v for 24/7 according to 8 Pack
Also 1.25v SA if you are on air, you can try 1.3v SA if you are under water only

In addition you should try to use 125 strap. The reason is that I was stuck at 4800 with the 100 strap, until I went to 125 and pushed it all way to 5000. :)

At 1.43v can load windows at 5300 but I believe is tad too much. 5000 is more than enough.

Temps are pretty fine with 4 Akasa Apache fans on the 240 rad the H100i comes with. (they are quiet fans also)

Please note you need to set your memory to 1600 before you overclock the system.

We are here to help :D

Nice, at this moment have only set the ram volts and timings and BLCK:100 + CPU Multi :45. Most of the voltage settings are on auto so hopefully over a few weeks l should be able to reduce the voltage settings.

Will do a little bit online reading on how to overclock X79, but l know l'll get a help from the X79 members in this forum.

Really impressed with this Asus X79 DLX, was looking at Saber or Pro but this caught my eye and it gets good reviews.

1.325 w/ 75% LLC
Temps currently at idle around 25c and full Load 45-55c ish.

Hi Chaapa'ai, just been overclocking with the CPU Strap:125/multi:36=4.5ghz and CPU Vc reading from CPU-Z:1.31v, LLC set at Fast[next setting is Extreme] boots into windows with no problems at all.

Ran Realbench 2.0, P95 for 30 minutes, IBT 10 runs /Standard/8threads and passed all again with no problems.

Temps idle a round 22'c at full load 43'c-49'c, so going to leave it at that and run the PC 24/7 and see if any problems arise.

Oldphart.:)

Broke the 4.800GHz by 11.8Hrtz = 4.811.8GHz would you beleave it at 1.5v and completed a run of Realbeanch as well > going by the last couple of days everytime l tried 4.8 it failed.

But today from about 2.00 till 4.00 thats how long it took me to break the 4.8GHz Barrier just taking my time and trying different Bios settings CPU Strap and BLCK Ratios.

Realbench 2.0 at 4.811.8GHz >

Going to have a beer to celebrate the Big Breaking 4.811.8GHz Barrier and passing Realbench.

Cheers,
Oldphart

PS> Going to change me under kegs as l was carping my self once l got past 1.45v before l have that beer.

Back
Top Bottom