Bitfenix Alchemy Cabling Issue

Associate
I bought a set of these extension cables last week & it appears that the 6 pin PCI-E extension won't fit on to the 6pin connector on my graphics card

This is the cable in question

Upon closer inspection it looks that the connector isn't right, before I phone up Overclockers, have I actually bought the correct cable?

The connector is like this (hopefully these will show up sufficiently well to explain):

v = the retention clip

ΠΠ∩
∩∩Π
v

Whereas I appear to need

Π∩∩
∩∩Π
v

Part of me is minded to see if I can shave down the bottom middle pin, as it's the only thing stopping me from completing my shiny new water cooled build

Soldato
I wouldn't mod the cable as you'll not only damage your hardware, but void the warranty (if any) on the cables as the power delivery will be set as you see the cable. Any mods could destroy it making your situation worse.

What card to you have? Titans?

Associate
OP
Yeah it's a pair of Titans, from what it appears is the bottom middle pin has a square plastic plug as opposed to the half moon that is on the titan so hence the thinking of shaving down the plastic surrounding the pin to allow it to fit (although I haven't checked the pin outs yet)

Did the diagram make sense? if not will get some pictures this evening

I suppose the main question is have I ordered the wrong lead or is it a "faulty" lead?

Soldato
It may be that you've been sent the wrong cable. That to me sounds like the a 12vEPS lead. I'm assuming your motherboard has an 12v 8-pin EPS, not 6? You could then compare the layout.

Example EPS Connector:

2n1dug9.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Send it back to where you bought it and ask for a replacement and explain the situation.

If you have trouble doing that then try using the new BitFenix ticket system linked under my sig:)

Associate
I have the exact same problem, with 4 x 6 pin cables. I thought they had the wrong block on the end but they are right they are just very tight. I just swapped them out for some connectors from an old psu.

Associate
OP
Bugger, I've raised an RMA request... although because some of the cables were part of a bundle I've got to send the whole lot back, so will have to strip down the whole PC :(

Associate
I didnt get mine from overclockers tho,

I think i might have to go for:

Ive raised a ticker it bitfenix before i send them back, hopefully will get answer today from them
Akasa AK-CBPW07-40BK Flexa V6 PCI Express 6 Pin Power

Back
Top Bottom