Pentacon 50mm f/1.8

Associate
I have a Panasonic Lumix G3 Micro 4/3 camera and fancied a change from the 14-42mm zoom lens that came with it..

I went on fleabay and picked up a M42 adapter and a mint Pentacon 50mm f/1.8 lens for a combined £20.

As everything on the lens including the focus is manual, I had a good time getting to grips with it and was quite a change from my usual point and shoot photography with the kit lens.

Review of the lens here: http://slrlensreview.com/web/reviews/misc/pentacon/533-pentacon-auto-50mm-f18-mc-m42-lens-review

Here's a few shots I took today with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's disgraceful.

I was going to say.. Sunday lunch for £6.. bargain. But it's actually just pie night :(

Otherwise nice clear shots, especially like 2,4,5 - don't know what these camera's are like for MFing so good to see you got good results

Associate
OP
Cheers :)

Yes pleased with how they turned out, especially for what I paid for the lens.

Gonna have a look to see what other lenses I can pick up for the screw fit/m42 adapter. Any recommendations?

Associate
OP
I love my G3.

It's compact, light, easy to use and delivers very decent image quality for the price.

Not tried the G5, but i think it uses the same sensor as the G3 and is pretty much on a par image wise.

Soldato
I've been buying up a few Olympus OM fit lenses since I got my G5.

Already have an Olympus Zuiko 50mm f1.8, an Zuiko 35-70mm f3.5, and a Miranda 28mm f2.8

Got a Miranda 28-200mm coming too. Mostly using them all for video but they're ridiculous cheap, nice lenses too. M4/3 is great for being able to adapt pretty much anything to it and MF isn't a bother with video because it's what I'd be using anyway mostly.

Associate
OP
I've been buying up a few Olympus OM fit lenses since I got my G5.

Already have an Olympus Zuiko 50mm f1.8, an Zuiko 35-70mm f3.5, and a Miranda 28mm f2.8

Got a Miranda 28-200mm coming too. Mostly using them all for video but they're ridiculous cheap, nice lenses too. M4/3 is great for being able to adapt pretty much anything to it and MF isn't a bother with video because it's what I'd be using anyway mostly.

You got a link to any of your shots taken with the lenses?

Soldato
I got the camera about ten days ago pretty much 90% for video, I've only been out with it once and made this edit from the footage:

I still have basically no idea what I'm doing at this point so I wouldn't go taking it as an accurate portrayal of the lenses or the camera :D

You can see where some of the shots are past the distance it can focus at but my 28-200mm arrived today so I should get some stuff with that on Sunday hopefully. I used the 35-70mm for most of the day, probably all those shots are with it.

The only photos I've taken are just test ones of things lying around in my room.

Back
Top Bottom