Who here overclocks their monitor?

Associate
I have a Dell U2713hm, which actually I love. (no bleed or ghosting issues from me).

I have been playing around with overclocking the refresh rate on this and find that it sits very happily at 90hz, so far without any issues. It is slightly brighter when overclocked, but it is easy to adjust this!

I game on it with a refresh rate of 90hz too, again so far without issues and although it may be just me, I am becoming certain it is easier on the eyes.

The only 'problem' is that I now have a reason to SLI my Gigabyte 780ti OC, as at 90hz on 1440p it actually struggles a bit.

Are others running overclocked monitors? if so what are your experiences and thoughts?

MARTIN

Soldato
I do. Had a vg27ah which ran 108hz, and my current 3 u2414 oc but only managed 72hz so far.

But when you say it struggles... Do you mean it runs way below 90fps, or does it skip/stutter? If the latter, it may not be as happy at 90hz as you think.

Soldato
I run my catleap @ 2560x1440@120hz which was pretty simple to do(just a driver).
I also found it to be much softer on the old eyeballs and the general gameplay experience is much smoother.

Two cards isn't quite enough for me, currently using a pair of 290's flashed to 290x stock speeds, and they do struggle dropping to 90-100fps from time to time.

**oops just realised this was 3days old :p

Back
Top Bottom