So .... I finally purchased my first house!

Soldato
Good evening all you Home and Garden regulars.

I am not overly active in this section but over the last few months I have been lurking and watching what people have been up to with great interest.

I can finally say that after almost 5 months of pain (estate agents, and conveyors etc.) We have finally completed on our first house.

I sit here now on the laptop typing this up after spending today completing some small jobs that needed doing but we have not 100% moved in yet.

I am going to post some pictures this evening of the small bit of work that we have been doing over the last few weeks to give you all an idea.

I must admit that I am NOT DIY proficient and I still have lots to learn. But I am not afraid to get hands on and with the help of my Dad both my misses and I have been ticking things off the list slowly but surely.

Pics to follow :D

Thanks guys! I will get some pictures up soon I just need some time to get them on my PC.

Been taking our time with things but we are rushing some other things so we can just get in there!

Ok so here we go:

(Will get some better pictures of the front when I can) Also apologies for the poor quality pics I have never been at one with a camera phone camera....

Front of the house:
cgor.jpg

Prepping the living room for some painting:
n2uw.jpg

Living room after a first coat of paint:
e4hy.jpg

Repainting the Kitchen:
uiq6.jpg

Painting the master bedroom:
sb2h.jpg

Curtain rails up (cheap curtains) - and starting the gripper for the carpet in the master bedroom:
hm4i.jpg

Laying the underlay:
rxpt.jpg

Carpet down:
oyt7.jpg

Another of the carpet:
ty7a.jpg

Knocked up some little shelves for the misses decorative books in the living room:
3izh.jpg

Cleaned the stair carpet runner:
nk2z.jpg

Started putting things in the kitchen (put shelf up for my pans):
tqfb.jpg

6wou.jpg

Kettle up (time for a Tea!):
8r3q.jpg

Started to put some bits into the living room:
hkss.jpg

d5xm.jpg

Next job to wallpaper this chimney breast in the dining room:
vune.jpg

That's about it for now. Only 1 more bedroom and a study to go then we can start unpacking and putting things up properly.....

The amount of things to hang on walls we have accumulated over the years is impressive.

I am starting to hate DIY though but it will be worth it in the end! GIVE ME STRENGTH!

Last edited:
Bedrooms have to have carpet. Lol. Yea bit of a garden and a shed out back will try gets some pics of that when the sun is out! Thanks for the nice comments guys. More work tomorrow which includes wallpapering and some other bits.

As for the plumbing and electric, it had both done by the previous owner within the last 12 months.

Back
Top Bottom