What 3 games do you like that most people hate?

Caporegime
I think it would be easier for me to say what three games I don't like, but which others seem to consistently praise. :D

I'm struggling to think of one, but I'll have a stab with E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy.

Associate
I think it would be easier for me to say what three games I don't like, but which others seem to consistently praise. :D

I'm struggling to think of one, but I'll have a stab with E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy.

I'm with you, great game.
I have to admit, I quite like Sniper, Ghost Warrior.

Soldato
We had a similar thread not that long ago where everyone confessed to not completing Half Life 2, actually never playing a Final Fantasy game, and enjoying GTA4/Mass Effect 3 :D

But for me, Mafia 2 is one of my favourite games. It got mixed reviews on release with one of the main sticking points being that you had to drive home after missions (was a complete non-issue for me, as I enjoy the driving).

That aside, (in my opinion) it has a great story (again I am quite fond of the whole Mafia-esqu stories - probably due to watching The Sopranos about the time I played Mafia 2), good gunplay/driving, and the police actually remember your numberplate/car make/personal appearance and will pursue you for speeding.

Other games, erm well I actually quite enjoyed the COD Modern Warfare 1/2/3 single player storyline. I accept it is wildly far-fetched, but it was just like watching/interacting with a cool action movie, which is exactly what I wanted.

And finally, I also enjoyed the latest Medal Of Honor (Warfighter). Mainly because (possible spoiler):
the story is very similar to the film Act Of Valour, which I also enjoyed.
I accept there are a number of bugs and it is generic shooter BS as usual, but it was still fun.

Far cry 2. I don't get the hate for it at all.

I loved Far Cry 2, but for me it was the broken enemy respawns that killed it. When you spend ages clearing checkpoints and then go back and every single one has been re-populated with enemies again. Just destroyed my motivation for the game. I waited years in the hope that someone would release an unofficial patch/mod to fix it, but as far as I am aware, they never released any official modding tools (apart from the map/scenario editor)

Soldato
I don't know about hate, but I absolutely love Alan Wake which doesn't seem to be that popular with a lot of people

On the contrary, it's like by a lot. It's a brilliant game and in a handful of hundreds that I've completed.

For me...

Lego Harry Potter, my ex and I completed it, loved every second.
Alice: Madness Returns, I love the dark take the studio took on this fairytale and made it into a game
Max Payne 3, almost complete, but I LOVE it, not sure why it's hated?

Those are only recent ones I can think of, sure there are many others.

Soldato
1. Jedi Academy - people say Outcast and Dark Forces were better - which I agree with story wise - but for combat and gameplay, JA was far better.

2. Mass Effect 3 multiplayer - biggest unintentional success in the last few years IMO.

3. Guild Wars 2 - gets a lot of stick for not being like gw1 among other things, but I still enjoy playing.

Associate
Dead Island I thought was superb (one of the best games of recent years) but it got panned many places. DLC and Riptide were good too.

Another one I really enjoyed was I Am Alive. Again, panned by critics.

Back
Top Bottom