Some Compression Fittings Strip Acetal Threads

Associate
I'd just like to warn people about compression fittings that have sharp grooves in them, such as these:

xtqWSIy.png

They were actually the first set of compression fittings I bought, because they were cheap and I didn't mind the low-profile look of them. I bought about 15 of them in total, and they're all sharp. Sharp enough to slice through my pasty-white skin when I tightened them or removed the tubing by hand. Apparently it's virtually impossible to screw them into acetal waterblocks / reservoirs without stripping the threads, because no matter how careful you are, they *will* dig into the threads and refuse to screw smoothly all the way in without taking chunks out of the acetal. In addition, there is also a sharp groove on the barb end which may also slit your tubing. They go into brass threads on radiators no problem, though.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've used Monsoon fittings and have no problems with them.

Infact they were the easiest fittings i've ever used. The EK compression fittings I used years ago were much harder to get a proper seal and my fingers were destroyed.

Associate
OP
The Monsoons don't have the groove on the screw end at least, but I don't know how sharp the groove on the barb is or how easily tubing slips over it without being cut by it. Primochill Advanced LRT tubing is a tight fit, I know that much.

Back
Top Bottom