Astromenda virus/malware? help

Associate
Hi people,
Ive been having a little trouble getting BF4 to work latley so I wanted to re install the AMD drivers.
I went to download Driver sweeper from guru3d site which i thought was trusted and it said the latest version was called display driver sweeper or somthing like that.

Anyway went to download and said installation complete but can't find the program anywhere and it changed all my browsers to show astromenda as the homepage and search engines.

I have returned the different browsers back to their original settings and uninstalled the astromenda program from the control panel.

My Kaspersky anti virus is saying my computer is clean but I'm not so sure as when i try and look up anything on firefox i get a warning that its not trusted?

Anybody have any experience with this?

To top it all of i tried updating punkbuster and now that doesnt work either! :mad:

Not having a good day
Many thanks

Associate
OP

This is what I get whenever I use mozilla, chrome and IE are fine.

I believe i have removed all traces, even searched the registry and deleted out of there.

Might try the adware remover then. Wouldn't Kaspersky of found it though?

Many thanks

Soldato
This is what I get whenever I use mozilla, chrome and IE are fine.

I believe i have removed all traces, even searched the registry and deleted out of there.

Might try the adware remover then. Wouldn't Kaspersky of found it though?

Many thanks

Depends on the version of Kaspersky, if you've told it to trust the install when it happened, if you've enabled the warnings for adware, etc.

I had to recently clean out my wife's PC after she installed a Java update without unticking the "give me more crap" box. Most things uninstalled properly from the programs settings, but some were stubborn and obnoxious, and the above sorted it out.

Back
Top Bottom