Project: Golden Delicious

Permabanned
jt8iev.png

Another golden build here, but definatly not with the same finissee or effort (or budget!). Doing this build for a friend who's laptop died and decided to put down the playstation controller and join the PC Master Race. Small budget of £450 means you don't get much, but should be a huge step up as far as him being used to a laptop.

So as this is a really, really small case I have been quite restricted by the size of everything and have had to sell out a bit more to get a GPU that fits. The motherboard was a B-Grade and I had to get the corsair due to just not having any more spare money. The processor is great for this level of build and will hopefully work nicely (also happens to be my old chip so extra cheap).

Only issues I see are the potentially to create nothing more than a hot box. To counter that slightly, I opted for the windowless case, as it has vents on the side of the case and have gone for a cooler that should blow the hot air out through said vents. If not there is always plan B *holds mini drill*.

I will get all the items come Saturday and give a modest review of the case for everyone as well as try to post some decent pictures. For now a single picture to show the size and color of this awesome case! Thats a 70cl bottle of Kraken BTW.

28rpi61.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
So, everything has arrived and I started the build last night. Picture time!!!

IMG_20141112_195819562.jpg

Everything aside from my CPU that sitting in my current PC.

IMG_20141112_200200080.jpg

The Asus Z97I-Plus, was only £70 B-Grade and came with all the accessories inside!

IMG_20141112_200458470.jpg

The MSI 270X ITX Graphics Card, expensive, but needed it to fit in the case!

IMG_20141112_200734459.jpg

Raijintek Zalos Cooler!

Now, everything is good apart from Raijintek. Looked at the case a little closer and there are some quite deep scratches on the case, looks untidy in the light. The Zalos cooler also isn't in great condition, the bottom of the heatsink as some marks on it and where the pipes meet the silver side there are ridges and so its not perfectly flat.

Will post some more pictures of the defects later, going to try and see if Raijintek can help at all. Hoping they can maybe replace the top of the case (where its scratched) as the entire case can come apart.

Anyway, I got to the stage of getting almost everything in last night, but just waiting on getting the pictures uploaded for some more! (Case review inbound!)

Associate
Any update on this, Gradyhawks? Have my Metis arriving today along with the same mobo, CPU and HD config. Went for a 159mm cooler though - how is the Zelos doing? I'm thinking of doing the same as you've mentioned in other threads using the rear as an intake and using the PSU as an exhaust. Will be a tight fit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom