Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

Associate
Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is coming to PS4 and Xbox One.

Releasing internationally on 27th March.

- Cross-saves, transfer your save files from PS3/360 (PS3->PS4, 360->X1 of course) edit: PSVita borderlands 2 can also transfer to PS4
- Four player split-screen
- Contains all of the DLC from both games
- Both games will run at 1080p and up to 60 frames per second. In four-player split-screen mode, target frame rate is 30 frames per second.

And if you really, really like the series and games...
Then you can get a remote controlled Claptrap and some other goodies (only 5000 worldwide). Not sure on price here but it's supposedly $399...

HYyUwcX.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Would have preferred 1 as well. The RC Claptrap looks awesome! Love a bit of Borderlands but I think I'll pass...maybe pick it up cheaper later on for the Pre-Sequel, which I haven't played.

Soldato
Ooh, this is a nice surprise. Just seen the video on Facebook. That's a lot of content to keep players very busy! I love borderlands! Although.. When playing borderlands 2, I was playing as axton the commando and never found a single rocket launcher which was quite annoying.

Caporegime
The general idea is that they improved everything with 2 making 1 redundant. I don't agree BL1 is still my favourite!

I agree that things are very much improved - I love the reloading grenade guns, the new powers, the better graphics, the ace shield and grenade abilities, the Goliath baddies and so on but the story and locations were a pile of hogwash. :(

Soldato
BL1 was the best one, because; Brick.

BL2 was the better made though, funnier, sillier and better voice acting throughout, plus the end wasn't an anti-climax, like BL1.
Also, Tiny Tina was brilliant.

BL-PS is a good game, but weak in comparison, it doesn't further the franchise at all tbh.
I liked seeing Jack do his 'Breaking Bad' bit, and go from a rogue to the villain we see in BL2, but it lacked panache. The inexplicable (in terms of the plot) Aussie theme got really old really quick too.

Soldato
I think I have a fondness for Brick because BL1 was the first time I've ever picked a Melee character in a game. By the end of the game I'd set up my skill tree so that essentially when fighting I'd spend about 50% of the time in Bezerk mode (at least), which is when Brick is at his finest.

Soldato
I seem to be the only one that thought a single playthrough of the first game was enough. The environments felt bland and lacked variety and it felt storyless. I've played BL2 for 140 hours and Pre-sequel has just had the one playthrough too as I felt like I've had my fill after playing so much BL2.

Soldato
I seem to be the only one that thought a single playthrough of the first game was enough. The environments felt bland and lacked variety and it felt storyless. I've played BL2 for 140 hours and Pre-sequel has just had the one playthrough too as I felt like I've had my fill after playing so much BL2.
I think BL2 brought enough to the table to be really enjoyable, especially with the stellar voice acting and script.

The Pre-Sequel does feel very much like a lacklustre extension of BL2 though, I was glad to complete it so I could move onto another game. I've no intention of getting any DLC for it either, unlike BL2 which I bought a season pass for, because I knew I'd buy all of the DLC (an utterly vindicated decision by all counts).

Soldato
Ah so this is why they didn't release the last one next gen, what a bunch of ***** :(

It was obvious they were going to do it though. They've said things loads of times in the past that had really odd excuses and it turns out they were planning to do it all along.

There was some weird excuse in borderlands 2 that they couldn't raise the level cap because the damage numbers would be too much for the 360 to cope with. 2 months later, level cap raised as part of an extra dlc (outside of the season pass). Of course in the meantime many people (including myself) had run a gamesave exploit and unlocked the extra stuff anyway and knew it ran fine on the console.

The excuse for this was that they felt their fanbase was still on the 360 so were only going to release it for the last gen consoles. It was quite obvious they were cash grabbing and i held off buying it for the 360 because i figured that was the case. Definitely going to buy it for xbox one though, the 4 player split screen will be worth it alone due to how few games offer that kind of feature these days.

Back
Top Bottom