God of War III remastered (plus 10th anniversary speedruns)

Caporegime
Just a reminder, if anyone wants to watch the guys at Games Done Quick speed run the first God of War trilogy, tune in to http://www.twitch.tv/playstation now. I'm ready! Are you?

At the end, there may be news of God of War 4 or a remastered trilogy on PS4. I shall update as appropriate.

EDIT: Well, Santa Monica are doing God of War III remastered. Not the first two.

XulQqrD.png

Sony has announced God of War 3 Remastered for PlayStation 4. It launches 14th July 2015.

The game outputs at 1080p resolution and its developers are "targeting" 60 frames per second, Sony said in a note just sent to press.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-20-god-of-war-3-remastered-announced-for-ps4

Last edited:
Soldato
God of war. Excellent games but we all want god of war 4 ...

Still, I guess Sony want to capture the new player base that migrated from Xbox so yeah bring it on I guess...

Caporegime
Meh it was more than fine on the PS3 - another remaster in the 'why does this need to exist' section

I guess though it does mean migration of their engine to the PS4 so likely theyll be prepping a new title. Hoping that gets announced at PSX

EDIT: WhyTF isnt Ascension part of this?!?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Because it didn't sell very well.

So yeah another previous gen remaster......just what we need for 2015 on PS4.
TR and Sleeping Dogs were failures in the eyes of their publisher but still got the DE remaster treatment.

No reason to remaster 3 without Ascension unless its not going to be cannon for GOW4

Its a shame this exists when another SSM project was canned far down development.

Last edited:
Soldato
TR and Sleeping Dogs were failures in the eyes of their publisher but still got the DE remaster treatment.

No reason to remaster 3 without Ascension unless its not going to be cannon for GOW4

Its a shame this exists when another SSM project was canned far down development.

Want it canned as it was no good? Ascension is the odd one out as far as the main console games went. It seemed more akin to the games on PSP, which were still great, but not the same level as the numeric ones. Still I loved this game and look forward to playing with the Photo mode.

Caporegime
Think the rumours were it wasnt great and was a bit too like Destiny IIRC - Id probably rather have a new IP miss than a remaster that shouldnt exist. Everything is becoming too safe and the gap between 'Indie' and AAA is way too big to be beneficial.

The game industry doesnt seem to be doing so well with puberty...

Caporegime
OP
I can understand PS2 remasters as the jump from PS2 to PS3 was pretty large, but PS3 to PS4 really isn't for these kinds of games.

I couldn't care if the game looked the same - it's just nice to be able to still play it. One advantage the PC has that it can play games from years ago. But consoles are another matter and it's a shame if a game gets lost in time due to lack of backward compatibility. Now that both Xbone and PS4 are on x64 architecture, future consoles will hopefully keep that and have BC as standard.

Soldato
Pretty much bought a PS3 for God of War 3 years ago and it was worth every penny. Love this game :D

Day one purchase for me.

I would like a new one though and perhaps ascension

Soldato
Sleeping dogs definitive edition on ps4 is the one I went for. As ps3 had tons of screen tearing. I got DMC on PS+ but due to screen tearing didn't want to play it. I'm waiting for DMC definitive edition to eventually go on psn sale. Turn I'll play this one instead with no tearing and better frame rate

Remasters are great , I do enjoy playing games at better frames and higher res with no or limited tearing...

But erm god of war iii was actually a very good and competent game on ps3. I think this remaster is for those who've migrated to ps4 from Xbox IMO.

Bit like the last of us was, and I bet uncharted trilogy is incoming before end of year.

Associate
I played the balls off this when it came out PS3, but there's no way I can go back. I don't care how good it looks!

"Remasters" need to stop :(

Unless its a really old game which is being remade entirely must like the Resident Evil remake they did on Gamecube.

Soldato
*groan* Another remake. I really hope this trend stops soon. Or they at least remake some older classics not just last gen games. I'm holding out for a Legacy of Kain collection or a Medievil remastered.

Back
Top Bottom