** KING OF THE HELL: GET YOUR HANDS ON A PRO SPEC VESARO SIMULATOR AND WIN A NEW CIVIC TYPE R **

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Hi Guys

One of the problems we had when launching the Vesaro range here at OcUK was trying to explain just how much of a game changer one of their units was.

Now you can experience a Vesaro Simulator yourself and be in with a chance of winning a NEW Civic Type R with Honda.

Available to try will be a Vesaro Stage 9 Pro Simulator.
Touring the UK for the launch of the new Honda Civic Type R.
Compete on the simulator to win the new Honda Civic Type R

The Simulator is configured with Vesaro Quad Motion V-Spec 3.0 with 3 inch D-BOX motion tech, 165 inch triple 55 inch curved display, tactile feedback, 5.1 surround sound, Vesaro Level 4 water cooler PC, Vesaro Signature Cobra Misano S seat, Pro Controls

This is a no messing, top spec Vesaro unit that will literally change the way you look at sim racing.

Simply go to kingofthehell.com to find the stop closest to you!

JULY
17-19th July - Westfield, London
24-26th July - Silverstone Classic, Northamptonshire
31st July-2nd August - Carfest North, Cheshire

AUGUST
31st July-2nd August - Carfest North, Cheshire
6-9th August - Bristol Balloon Fiesta, Bristol
12-13th August - Spinningfields, Manchester
17-19th August - Finsbury Avenue Square, Broadgate
21-23rd August - Bullring, Birmingham
28-30th August - Carfest South, Hampshire

SEPTEMBER
1st September - Summer Race Day, Epsom Downs Races
5-6th September - Briggate, Leeds
12-13th September - Armada Way, Plymouth
17-18th September - Festival Square, Edinburgh
26-27rd September - West Quay, Southampton

OCTOBER
3-4th October - St Davids, Cardiff
10-11th October - Victoria Centre, Nottingham
17-18th October - Metro Shopping Centre, Newcastle
24-25th October - Braehead, Glasgow
23-25th October - Westfield, Stratford

Check out the Vesaro Simulation range at Overclockers UK

Soldato
I went on this yesterday, and my god it's an experience! :D

Firstly, you have to qualify for the simulator. You're using the old Type-R on the Nurburgring GP circuit on a pad on an XBone, and you had to get a time under 2:56 within 2 laps, which is simple enough. Once you've qualified (you only need to do that once) the real fun begins!

I got to the Balloon Fiesta quite late in the day so only managed one go, there was a smaller queue to use the rig after qually but even I waited about 1hr 20mins (some bloke managed to get 8 goes!)....but my god was it fun! It was actually running Assetto Corsa (which is handy as I'd been brushing up a few days before!) which I found a little strange as I thought it would have been running Vesaro's own software. It must have been a decent machine though as it was powering what looked like 3 46/50" screens at 60fps, really butter smooth.

Playing with a wheel at home is fine, but the bucket seat coupled with the tactile feedback and motion physics systems it's unreal! You can really feel the car squirming about at speed, and under braking making sure you're all lined up for a corner makes you really think about being lined up correctly. You can also really feel the weight of the car and where it needs to be on the track, and how, when & where it loses/gains grip. As I'm used to one screen at home having two extra was a little off putting, but I would probably get used to it. According to the bloke it was the brand new Type-R on the simulator, and it shifted to be fair.

You got two laps to get the best time, and after I got to grips with it on lap 1 I went for it (whilst trying not to stack it)! I got 2:15:89, which currently is the 13th overall best time they've had so far. The best is a 2:10, and that was the bloke who went round 8 times, and apparently is going to be there at 2/3 other events to try and win the car!

They even give you a little photo of you driving when you're done:

s7CkZuYl.jpg

If I was rolling in it, had a massive gaff and had 50k spare I would buy one in a heartbeat - it's bloody brilliant.

Soldato
I would say the biggest problem you have with the Vesaro simulator is the ridiculous price. I would rather have a real car and I am sure the majority of other people would as well.
The bigger problem is that anyone with a clue would buy a simXperience motion setup, along with their direct drive wheel and comprehensive controller software, and end up with a better all round package... and still have enough change to buy the Civic.

Last edited:
Associate
The bigger problem is that anyone with a clue would buy a simXperience motion setup, along with their direct drive wheel and comprehensive controller software, and end up with a better all round package... and still have enough change to buy the Civic.

actually, even a logitech g25 would do to better the experience you get in their setup....

so i popped down during my lunchbreak at the manchester event and had a go. the Forza bit was very easy if you know the track. this mini-stage actually did a lot to weed out a fair amount of people, otherwise the queue for the sim would have been huge.

as for the sim - well, they were using what looked like a frex wheel. the issue was it had a massssive ffb deadzone, it was absurd. So the car simply felt like a boat rather than a grippy track racer - which ironically - is what the car model they had running in the game seemed to be - as these sub 2.13 laptimes are significantly quicker than a BMW M3 in the game....

its actually a real shame, they go through all this effort setting it up and somehow making it feel worse than someone using a bog standard logitech g27. The wheel definitely produced more torque than a g27 but virtually no detail - i mean it was non existent, which is a shame, because AC is arguably the best sim out there for feel and ffb.

I could only have 1 go before legging it back to work, and did a low 2.13. I'd say that is a minimum benchmark time, if you think you can go for the prize and have a shot, then you must be able to do a 2.13 as a first time effort.
Any slower and there is no chance of getting into the 2.10's, unless you were to spend a full 2 days having about 30 goes.

if you can do the benchmark 2.13 after 1 go, then i'd say after 8-10 goes you could definitely find another 3 seconds, as i made a few major errors on that lap and was braking too early, missed the apex of 1 corner completely and did a wall of death around the outside.

the motion rig itself was okay, nice subtle bump feedback and enough sway to 'feel' weight transfer, but not enough for it to feel laggy and simply taking away from the game.

the driving position had been poorly set up also, with the wheel fixed too far back, so even if you moved the pedals right back and moved the seat forward to get nice and close to the wheel, you were still sat in a mini MPV style position.

they had stuck it in bonnet view too and couldnt change it to incar, which again is a shame, because it not only detracts from the Sim aspect of the experience, it makes it more difficult to drive, as you're not in the centre of the car so difficult to perceive movements, especially with the non-existent detail in the FFB.

there was some weight transfer FFB but it came in so late after the deadzone that it would be far too late to react to, so it was just about relying on visuals alone.

all in all, its worth going for a lol, if you seriously want a shot at winning the type R then you definitely need to do a 2.13-2.14 first time out.

i actually spent the evening before practising for an hour, finding the track cutting limits, and i have a direct drive servo wheel - and it was all pointless because of the way they have the wheel and car set up. literally my extensive sim racing experience counted for nothing, so its just down to getting as much goes on their sim as possible in the time you're willing to spare. If after 3-4 goes you still cannot do a 2.13, probably worth giving up at that point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom