Backbox for HDMI

Soldato
I'm hiding some HDMI cables in the wall and have metal capping to protect the cables. The metal backboxes have those holes which you push out, but they aren't wide enough for a HDMI to pass through. I've cut between them with an angle grinder to create a big hole but it's a bit of a mess. I know they won't be seen but surely there has to be a neater way of doing this?

It's a dot and dab wall so the box would need to be 25mm which rules out cavity boxes as they seem to start at 35mm.

Soldato
I'm hiding some HDMI cables in the wall and have metal capping to protect the cables. The metal backboxes have those holes which you push out, but they aren't wide enough for a HDMI to pass through. I've cut between them with an angle grinder to create a big hole but it's a bit of a mess. I know they won't be seen but surely there has to be a neater way of doing this?

It's a dot and dab wall so the box would need to be 25mm which rules out cavity boxes as they seem to start at 35mm.

its not going to be seen so wouldnt worry about it, i would however tape up thee edges to avoid any potential issues of it cutting the cable (may never happen but better be safe than srry)

Soldato
Are you using a set type of face plate? There are some good ones at screwfix but then need a deep backbone. 35-45mm because of the cable joint.

Back
Top Bottom