** OcUK EXCLUSIVE: LG 34UC98W-C 34" CURVED 3440x1440 IPS MONITOR!!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

LG have updated their incredible LG 34UC97 with this newer version which has more connectivity and Freesync support as well added:

LG 34UC98-W 34" 3440x1440 IPS WideScreen Super-Wide Curved LED Monitor @ £799.99 inc VAT

MO139LG_138236_800x800.jpg

The immersive viewing experience of the 21:9 UltraWide Curved QHD display* is about 1.8x larger than an UltraWide Full HD 21:9 monitor, and about 2.4x larger than a Full HD 16:9 monitor. In MS Office programs, it displays 47 columns, 63 rows in Excel.

Two Thunderbolt input/output ports allow you to connect compatible devices to move data between them with incredible speed of around 10-gigabits-per-second throughput in both directions. Speeds much faster than USB 2.0.

Charge the battery of a connected device quickly using the USB 3.0 port. This port charges USB 3.0 Quick Charge compatible devices much faster than typical USB 2.0 cables, so waiting for a full charge doesn’t hold you up.

OnScreen Control allows you to easily control the screen configurations and display settings to customize workspace on the screen with a few clicks of mouse. An upgraded Screen Split feature with PIP Mode and My Display Presets are designed to offer many on screen windows resizing options for an organized and efficient user experience.

sRGB is the standard color space of ideal color reproduction. So, with over 99% coverage of the sRGB spectrum, this LG monitor is a great solution for professional photographers, graphic designers or anyone looking for highly accurate color.

Thoughtful ergonomic design such as adjustable height and tilt of the display for optimal eye level assures you a comfortable work space setting.

Game Mode, consisting of FPS, RTS, and Custom modes, provides a customized gaming experience that can be optimized to suit your favorite game genres.

Specification:-
- FreeSync Enabled (55-75Hz)
- Screen Size Class (diagonal): 34" Curved
- Panel Type: IPS
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Resolution: 3440x1440
- Color Gamut (CIE1931): sRGB over 99%
- Brightness (typical): 300 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio(Original): 1000:1
- Response Time: 5ms
- Viewing Angle (CR>10): 178/178
- Colour Depth (Num of Colours): 1.07B (8-Bit+A-FRC)
- Pixel Pitch (mm): 0.2325
- Surface Treatment: Anti-Glare 3H
- Curve: 3800R
- Connectivity: 2x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort & 2x ThunderBolt 2.0, USB 3.0
- Speakers: 2x 5W
- Tilt: -5 / +15
- Height adjust: 110mm
- VESA: 100x100mm
- Set with stand: 32.2" x 3.5" x 14.2"
- Set without stand: (Down) 32.2" x 9.1" x 17.8" / (Up) 32.2" x 9.1" x 22.1"
- Weight: 8.2kg
- Warranty: 2yr (LG - 0344 847 5454)

Only £799.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

OcUK has the exclusive on this latest model until around May/June time and we have approximately only 100 units arriving.

I own the 34UC97 and absolute love it, incredible screen, this newer version has better panel QC, more connectivity and the added bonus of Freesync though it is only 55-75Hz range so not the best implementation to be honest, but better than no Freesync at all. :)

Soldato
Daniel, you don't happen to work with or have any contact with 'weareplaster' (LG's PR team for monitors in the UK), do you? I've been trying to get in contact with them for review samples and am not getting anywhere. It's quite frustrating as they're missing out on some good reviews from my side. :)

Soldato
55-75 Freesync range? That's not so great is it?? Seems narrow and high starting point... unless you have uber GPU setup. Or am I wrong?

Soldato
It's not really particularly flexible at the lower end considering the Acer XR341CK can go down to 30Hz, no. In my experience (I am sensitive to this) I would not like to drop much below 55fps if I could help it anyway. Having said that, you're quite right that it would happen at times and it can be difficult to avoid. And when it does I'd much prefer to have FreeSync on my side than have to suffer tearing or stuttering.

OcUK Staff
OP
55-75 Freesync range? That's not so great is it?? Seems narrow and high starting point... unless you have uber GPU setup. Or am I wrong?

I think for LG Freesync was just a bonus as the monitor is not listed by them as Freesync or marketed to be honest, you have to dig more into the technical specification to find it, but hence why I was able to also post the range. :)

Though they do make fantastic gaming monitors, they make even better work/productivity monitors and I love my UC97, brilliant bit of kit.

Also remember this monitor has impressive connectivity with fast USB3.0 charging and hub etc.

Associate
Hi Everyone

PCM2 - do you have a contact name @ weareplaster at all?? I will see what I can do

Legend - the small Freesync range is more of an added free bonus for the monitor, originally it was not going to have anything but they added a small range in at the end to at least have some support

The spec is great and it looks the part - remember for gaming this will include things like Game Mode (Pre set FPS and RTS modes as well as custom), Black Stabiliser (enhanced colour reproduction on darker parts of the game for better visibility) and DAS (Dynamic Action Sync - Ultra Low Input lag of 9.7ms I believe) so we have quite a few of the bases covered!

Dan

Soldato
Just out of interest what level of CPU/GPU power would be needed to run at 60 FPS with very high/ultra level settings in the most demanding games?

If my past use with the predecessor is anything tot go by a single 980Ti will get you most of the way there. In most titles. A pair will allow you to crank up pretty much all the settings where sli is supported, witcher 3 being a good example.

Obviously this panel having some freesync support, amd might be a nice option.

Soldato
If my past use with the predecessor is anything tot go by a single 980Ti will get you most of the way there. In most titles. A pair will allow you to crank up pretty much all the settings where sli is supported, witcher 3 being a good example.

Obviously this panel having some freesync support, amd might be a nice option.

Thanks, I'm probably ready for a new build late this year or early next (built this in 2012 on the cheap really) so i'm gathering as much info as I can. Ideally i'd like to stay away from dual GPU's but i'm definitely after a much bigger screen.

I was blown away with this monitor when I got it after a having a standard 20" from Samsung, and I want to be blown away again visually.

Soldato
So what's different between this model and the 34" curved superwide LG that's been below 600 quid in the sales? Extra ports and "free"sync?

Soldato
I believe the 97-s and this actually have the same port complement. 1 DP, 2 HDMI, 2 thunderbolt and a small usb hub. This one seems to have a better stand in that you can adjust its height and also a higher refresh rate (75hz).

Caporegime
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom