Windows 10 - Automatic Repair - boots in 2nd cycle

Permabanned
Hello.
So last time after i change in my UEFI boot priority from :"UEFI USB KINGSTON" to "P1 SSD SAMSUNG EVO 250 GB" i am getting weird booting problem with Windows 10.
03_140515103027.jpg

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc. Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not start correctly or Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc . And when i click restart then Windows 10 boot fine. So i am needing 2 boots to boot properly to windows.

My disk is on MBR partirion. Is this related to my UEFI/Partitions?

Somebody said to me this:"UEFI booting requires a GPT disk. This is why Windows has to fix itself and only boots in 2nd cycle - as you keep trying to boot UEFI to an MBR disk."

Also i know that UEFI firmware can emulate BIOS functionality (CSM/Legacy) and work with MBR disks just fine. Or i am wrong? And cause is elsewhere?

I am a little confused. Thx for reply. My ssd Samsung Evo 250 GB , rams 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz.

Permabanned
OP
no i dont had UEFI Windows Boot Manager anything. Get only :"UEFI USB KINGSTON" and "P1 SSD SAMSUNG EVO 250 GB".

( DISK is formatted on MBR )

So after i switched from "UEFI USB KINGSTON" to "P1 SSD SAMSUNG EVO 250 GB" Automatic repair showing every boot of Windows 10. After i click restart from Automatic Repair cant repair your pc i it boot fine to Windows 10, on second time.

Also somebody said to me this:"
"If you switch boot devices, try to keep them in the same family. If you use NON UEFI CD/HDD/SSD/USB on everything, don't switch any of them to UEFI or strange things may happen (and if you use UEFI don't switch to BIOS (aka Legacy). "

But i dont understand this.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Sorry for problem. Also i have a last question about this. Before it get corrupted to Automatic repair state in 1 boot i was switching few times without problems between UEFI USB KINGSTON to P1 Samsung Evo 250 GB and there was no Automatic repair state. It get to Automatic repair state maybe in my fifth switch. So this can happen randomly? Or issue was elsewhere?

Back
Top Bottom