• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA Launches Maxed-out GP102 Based Quadro P6000

Soldato
Just goes to show what a joke the new titan xp is and what a state the GPU market is in.

So the parts that don't make the cut of the fully enabled 3840 core product have some cores disabled and then get sold as £1200 titan x.

We need more competition in the GPU market to stop this debacle.

Associate
I suppose they could call the next one the "Titan XX Pascal" as anyone who buys the upcoming Titan X Pascal are going to get double crossed in few months time when the next Titan turns up.:D

Or the Titan XXX Pascal as the original buyers will then realise they've been *****d

Associate
So this card looks much more worthy of the 'Titan' name.

The 1080 Ti should have been the cut chip with 12GB of RAM, and the Titan XP should have been full chip 24GB.

Not that I'm complaining, since the way it's turned out it likely means we'll get a 3840 core 12GB 1080 Ti, and then a 24GB full chip 24GB Titan XP black.

I think the first Titan XP is underwhelming.

Soldato
So this card looks much more worthy of the 'Titan' name.

The 1080 Ti should have been the cut chip with 12GB of RAM, and the Titan XP should have been full chip 24GB.

Not that I'm complaining, since the way it's turned out it likely means we'll get a 3840 core 12GB 1080 Ti, and then a 24GB full chip 24GB Titan XP black.
Will either of those be cost-feasible, though? Titan X is already clearly using the chips that weren't good enough for the fully enabled Quadro. New process - probably fairly lousy yields on a big chip this early. Can Nvidia afford to release a cheaper card that uses binned chips?

Associate
It is just good product segmentation and marketing. There is no need for Nvidia to make the full GP102 chip available to the gaming consumer so soon. Why give yourself an additional binning tier to sell cards at a reduced margin when you can sell the slightly cutdown chips at the Titan price point and for now reserve the full chips for the even more expensive professional lines.

This way they also have one more product they can launch in the near future - A fully enabled gaming consumer GP102 with an extra 10% stock clockspeeds as either an intermin product between now and Volta, and as a reserve card should Vega threaten to match or outdo their GP102 TitanX.

Last edited:
Soldato
It is just good product segmentation and marketing. There is no need for Nvidia to make the full GP102 chip available to the gaming consumer so soon. Why give yourself an additional binning tier to sell cards at a reduced margin when you can sell the slightly cutdown chips at the Titan price point and for now reserve the full chips for the even more expensive professional lines.

This way they also have one more product they can launch in the near future - A fully enabled gaming consumer GP102 with an extra 10% stock clockspeeds as either an intermin product between now and Volta, and as a reserve card should Vega threaten to match or outdo their GP102 TitanX.

They need a 2017 strategy, seems like it's unfolding before our very eyes.

Man of Honour
OP
I have a sneaking suspicion that with the disabled cores on the Pascal Titan that it is going to be a good overclocker.

Clockspeeds could even get close to the 1080, now that would be interesting !!!

Back
Top Bottom