1.2TSI Waterpumps

Soldato
I have a 2012 Skoda Rapid with the 1.2TSI in it. Covered 110k, whats the waterpump and belt interval on them?

Never been changed in my ownership and thinking it must be about due, if not overdue!

Soldato
OP
Yeah I know the engine itself is chain driven. But it was my understanding that the waterpump was driven by the accessory belt?

Soldato
OP
According to the service manual for our 1.2tsi Fabia it's 60k

Hmm, I’ve had this car since it had 8-9k on it and I’ve never had the belt or pump changed on it. I’ll have to get to make some enquiries.

My wife has been racking the miles up on her 1.2tsi Leon. Its not a rocket ship but shes happy and it gets over 45-50mpg, so far nothings gone wrong on it so im happy.

It’s done some miles now, driven sensibly 47-55mpg is easily attainable. But hey, where’s the fun in that...

I think the water pumps are pretty bad on these engines - My Ibiza has the CBZB engine and water pump cracked within a week of ownership :(

My experience of this engine has been very good. Oil leaks around the between the sump around 50k and a cracked PCV fitting last week are about the only extra engine related items I’ve done to it on top of servicing.

Back
Top Bottom