~£100 budget, speakers/HiFi

Soldato
I recently bought this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-CMTS20...e=UTF8&qid=1419963902&sr=8-1&keywords=cmts20b

However, the sound is slightly too tinny, the bass is almost good enough, and they just don't go loud enough (each speaker is 5W). I'm thinking of returning them.

So for ~£100 can anybody recommend something that's got better bass, at least equivalent sound quality, and is much louder?

It doesn't even need to be a hifi system. A pair of speakers would also do fine.

Thanks!

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the reply. Those look great, however, surely I would need some sort of amp/hifi to use these anyway? I'm only planning on plugging a laptop/mobile phone into it, so I'd need a way to connect via 3.5mm.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys! To make sure I've understood you correctly, these speakers will perform better as standalones than my current speaker+HiFi set up. And should I wish to connect these microlab ones up to an amp in the future, that could improve them further?

Soldato
OP
Okay thanks for all the advice everyone!

Situation has slightly changed. A friend had a decent pair of Onkyo passive speakers lying around and has given them to me for free. So I'm potentially looking at getting an amp for these. I'm thinking that this way my money will take me a bit further.

Back
Top Bottom