• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£1000 Gaming Rig

Associate
If I were spending a grand on a gaming PC. I would not want a 480/560Ti. I'd want top of the range card.

Ask your friend if he can stretch his budget to fit in a better card for future proofing.

ps. you have 2 CPU coolers in your list.

Last edited:
Soldato
If I were spending a grand on a gaming PC. I would not want a 480/560Ti. I'd want top of the range card.

Ask your friend if he can stretch his budget to fit in a better card for future proofing.

ps. you have 2 CPU coolers in your list.

Nothing wrong with either cards, both should be good for a while yet. Sure you can future proof further but paying loads more for something faster/more vram but it doesn't make much sense until things become more demanding. By that time top of the range will have changed again. With so many games being developed first and foremost for consoles, it's hard to justify spending so much on something that'll only really benefit a few games and benchmarks.

Also, if the OP's friend likes doing video/rendering the GTX480 could give a nice boost to rendering time.

Back
Top Bottom