£105 for a PSU, whats on its way?

Soldato
£105 for a 700W PSU, im sure thats good value but what on earth would you be running that requires that much power. Im more than aware that quoted Watts doesnt allways mean real power and stability and the soon to be anounced Q-Teq 950W PSU for £19.99 may prove that but im sure that a decent W450-500 watt PSU (Seasonic/TAgen/Enermax etc) would be able to power an OCed Duel Core SLI rig.
MAkes me wonder whats round the corner, a new CPU from Intel maybe

Associate
go for quad sli system over clock them all then have duel processor bord with 2 fx60 overclock them with fase and have bout 10 scsi drives

Wish could afford the system tho lol. My psu powers all mine and it 580w

Commissario
yup, quad sli or similar.

most of the new video cards seem to use about 100watts each, the CPU's use 80-12watts, the motherboard about 25 watts and each hard drive about 20-30watts.

It wouldn't take a massive system these days to use 400watts with ease (virtually any SLI system with a normal CPU and a couple of drive would be close), and you want enough headroom that the PSU isn't struggling/near it's maximum rated output (as if it is, it's more likely to have unstable outputs, or die sooner).

Soldato
Actually the last time i checked (i needed to as i was running a lot of drives). Hard drives run at about 15watts max, generally under 13 for the newer SATA. Thats if were not including 10k/15k SCSI or raptors.

Soldato
LeperousDust said:
Actually the last time i checked (i needed to as i was running a lot of drives). Hard drives run at about 15watts max, generally under 13 for the newer SATA. Thats if were not including 10k/15k SCSI or raptors.

your correct, according to www.storagereview.com hard drives use under 15w in general and most new drives are at the 13w mark. (thats for 3.5inch drives)
lappy drives are different.

Associate
Pah, get a PCPower&Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW for a neat £350.00!!

Stats if you don't know of it:

• 1000W continuous and 1100W peak power
• NVIDIA® SLI™ READY component
• +12VDC Rails Total 66A (70A Peak)
• Extended ATX form factor fits most std cases
• High-efficiency design (85%) with .99 PFC
• Amazingly quiet!!
• Dual PCI Express video power connectors
• 15 drive connectors (6 SATA, 8 Molex, 1 mini)
• The industry's strongest warranty (5 years)

Mwahahahaaa

JCBeastie

P.S. Seriously though, FSP are the worlds biggest PSU manufacture and one of the best! Either FSP, Seasonic or PCP&C for me. Now if only I could a get a Seasonic S12 with a HIPER TypeR modular cable system...

Back
Top Bottom