• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1070ti or vega 64

Associate
hi all im in a bit of a pickle,my lad wants a new gfx card and im torn between either a 1070ti or a vega 64 card,now ive always been with nvidia for a long time so im undecided which to get him he mainly plays pubg and r6 siege with a bit of battlefield so i was wondering if anyone has any experience with them both with said games,i know its a bit of a long shot but any input would be great to know which has the edge as i know they trade punch's most of the time

hes got a half decent rig with a 1600x with 16gb of ddr4,running of a ssd

cheers

Soldato
Vega64 is a step up from the 1070ti. Vega56 is the 1070ti match.

But for the same price you can buy a 1070ti now you can get a Vega64, so no brainer. You won't have issues with any of them really, they are all overkill for most games.

Last edited:
Soldato
Vega 64 is the 1080 competitor, and gets closer to the ti in some scenarios.

If the choice was between those two I’d be getting the Vega. If he ever gets a monitor upgrade it’ll be cheaper for adaptive sync too.

OcUK Staff
Vega 56 @ £320 is 1070Ti performance
Vega 64 @ £400 is 1080 performance

Freesync support and a very good games bundle.

Associate
Hate to say this but what about the rtx 2070?

Don't get me wrong that i will be buying a vega 64 just for freesync, since i have a freesync monitor.

Also yea the vega 64 is defiantly popular especially when you under volt the card or overclock it.

Dan.

OcUK Staff
Sapphire is better, and cheaper atm.

This!

Hate to say this but what about the rtx 2070?

Don't get me wrong that i will be buying a vega 64 just for freesync, since i have a freesync monitor.

Also yea the vega 64 is defiantly popular especially when you under volt the card or overclock it.

Dan.

Vega 64 is quicker than 2070, even more so under-volted.

Associate
OP
i took the plunge and ordered a sapphire last nite from overclockers so should be here tomorrow :D i would have gone for something with a bit more power but i think from a price point and for what he plays the vega will do him fine

Associate
I own a 1070ti on AIO which performs better than practically all the factory clocked 1080s, however if I was buying now or could go back in time, I'd get the V64 and not even hesitate. Freesync support would be the decider, even if the 1070ti was faster, less power hungry etc, I'd still get the Vega so to not be locked into the Nvidia Gsync bending over.

Back
Top Bottom