1080 GTX vs HTC VIVE Cosmos Elite HMD VR Headset

Soldato
The g/f loves flight sims and has inherited my recently old PC with a 1080 GTX And I’m struggling for idea for Christmas presents.

Sooo I’m thinking about a HTC VIVE Cosmos Elite HMD VR Headset. Will that VR headset run ok on a 1080 playing a MS Flight Sim and Elite at anything other than potato settings?

TVM

Associate
The g/f loves flight sims and has inherited my recently old PC with a 1080 GTX And I’m struggling for idea for Christmas presents.

Sooo I’m thinking about a HTC VIVE Cosmos Elite HMD VR Headset. Will that VR headset run ok on a 1080 playing a MS Flight Sim and Elite at anything other than potato settings?

TVM
A 1080 will struggle with MSFS, it'll be ok with Elite. There are better hmd's than the Cosmos Elite for reasonable money

Caporegime
I ran an Oculus Rift CV2 on a 1080 without any trouble but this was a few years ago now. I never got round to trying Elite and I’d sold it on by the time SW Squadrons came out. It will work OK with some older games but I suspect anything more recent will struggle. It has to show two different screens to get the depth effect and a 1080 doesn’t have the grunt.

Soldato
MS Flight Sim is very borderline on a 1080. I bought a HP G2 specifically for FS, but ended up never using it because the visuals and performance were so poor with a 1080. It's about playable on minimum settings, but the quality is so low it's hard to even make out numbers on display.

The 4060ti is approximately 60% faster so would certainly be a fairly decent upgrade. But don't expect it to play FS in VR at amazing quality either.

Associate
if its for PC simming the Pico would be a nice option currently reduced, or even a Quest 2 would be better than a Vive Cosmos IMO.

Back
Top Bottom