• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1080p 6800XT or 3070

Soldato
So it will be ages away as stock just isn't there and I'll wait it out till normal prices for the cards return but what would you go for?

My 1070 is still going strong in fairness but it won't last forever, the Hz on the screen is 240 which my 1070 can't reach in most games does hit 120 though.

Of course doesn't have ray tracing which I'm interested in trying especially after seeing ps5 use it in the new spider man :)

Associate
Either or neither. Both are significant overkill.

But twist my arm, and I'd say wait six months. We don't know the full AMD value proposition yet.

Break my arm and I'm reporting you to the police.

Associate
3070 would be a significant upgrade. Try and grab a Founder's edition by tracking the stock on Discord. Last time they came up they were available for 10-15 minutes, so you have a good chance.

The odds of you getting a 6800 or 6800XT are extremely slim due to even worse stock.

Note that if you start using ray tracing, your fps will drop right back down. But everything will look oh so shiny :)

Associate
OP I game at 1920 x 1080 and my GTX980 is now starting to show its age on the latest releases.

I'm actually considering an RTX3060ti in December as I think that should be more than enough for 1080p.........

Top Bottom