• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

10850K or wait for 1190K?

Associate
This is a very valid thread for me right now, been helping a friend build a new machine, and we've been having this very discussion. The cost/value of the i9 10850K makes it a very very enticing proposition if we buy new, although we have decided if he can wait that we should get a new z590 board.

Only thing i did see mentioned above was reference to the new boards and PCIe 4, that is the only thing i could see as an argument for waiting for/or getting the 11th gen CPU's.... because even with a new z590 board, if you're using a 10th gen CPU you're not going to get PCIe 4

Soldato
This is a very valid thread for me right now, been helping a friend build a new machine, and we've been having this very discussion. The cost/value of the i9 10850K makes it a very very enticing proposition if we buy new, although we have decided if he can wait that we should get a new z590 board.

Only thing i did see mentioned above was reference to the new boards and PCIe 4, that is the only thing i could see as an argument for waiting for/or getting the 11th gen CPU's.... because even with a new z590 board, if you're using a 10th gen CPU you're not going to get PCIe 4
This is something im pondering aswell as got to do a build thinking of waiting for z590 boards also hopefully the intel 2.5 lan issue might be solved on z590

Associate
This is something im pondering aswell as got to do a build thinking of waiting for z590 boards also hopefully the intel 2.5 lan issue might be solved on z590

oh, i need to go and look at that, i wasn't aware of the issue you mention, that might need to be factored into my board selection for the build, as some have both intel gigabit and the newer 2.5

Soldato
oh, i need to go and look at that, i wasn't aware of the issue you mention, that might need to be factored into my board selection for the build, as some have both intel gigabit and the newer 2.5
Yeh i only found out the other day thank god i was dithering as that would have been my luck its the 2.5 gig thats having issues i believe tberes 3 types out of it and onky one of them works properly

Associate
thanks, appreciate that, i was working my way through various links, reading if it can affect the other controllers as well.

The more i read, the more i think waiting for the z590 boards will be the right move, but not for the 11th gen cpus

Associate
I'll be building a second machine very soon and have been pondering something similar, although for me it's 11900k or stick with a 3600 and wait for next gen.

Associate
i was in the same boat and bought the 10900k instead, that is what i wanted originally but was always out of stock. Just managed to get one as I think the 10 cores will be better for me in the programs that i use. I have also managed to get it running at 5.3Ghz all core 1.29V

Soldato
i was in the same boat and bought the 10900k instead, that is what i wanted originally but was always out of stock. Just managed to get one as I think the 10 cores will be better for me in the programs that i use. I have also managed to get it running at 5.3Ghz all core 1.29V
What cooler you useing mate and what are load temps like thanks

Last edited:
Associate
never about 84 under full load in intel extreme utility benchmark. Running on a Kraken x72 360mm AIO. First time I have ever been lucky with a CPU. That was for benchmarking run it at 5.2Ghz all core at 1.24V never hits above 73

Soldato
never about 84 under full load in intel extreme utility benchmark. Running on a Kraken x72 360mm AIO. First time I have ever been lucky with a CPU. That was for benchmarking run it at 5.2Ghz all core at 1.24V never hits above 73
Thanks mate much appreciated ive got a 360 aio aswell so hopefully it will cope :)

Soldato
Hello. My question. Is any sense to buy now 10850K or wait for 11900K? But i already bought mboard Z490. So i am asking,thx.

100% wait for the 11900k. It's got a huge IPC increase. The majority of games and apps don't use more than 4-6 cores, so IPC is still king.

You also get AVX-512 support, something more applications will make use of down the line.

Associate
100% wait for the 11900k. It's got a huge IPC increase. The majority of games and apps don't use more than 4-6 cores, so IPC is still king.

You also get AVX-512 support, something more applications will make use of down the line.

Definitely will depend on price, it isn't looking to good from what I have heard so far, I picked up a 10900K last week for £445, I heard they will be upwards of £550. In my opinion they are not worth that extra money with two less cores. They should have ditched the GPU in the chip and gone more cores, if they had done that I would have been buying the 11900K.

Soldato
Definitely will depend on price, it isn't looking to good from what I have heard so far, I picked up a 10900K last week for £445, I heard they will be upwards of £550. In my opinion they are not worth that extra money with two less cores. They should have ditched the GPU in the chip and gone more cores, if they had done that I would have been buying the 11900K.

Intel is building them on 14nm, a tried and tested process. I think Intel will be extremely competitive on price, as they're in dire need of a big PR win.

Back
Top Bottom