• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

11700K Temps

Associate
Can anyone recommend any BIOS setting adjustments to reduce my 11700K voltage & temps. I have turned Asus MCE off but the voltage still rises to 1.526V with a temp of 85Deg during Cinebench.
Cooler is a Corsair 240 capellix, Asus Strix Z590-F MB

Associate
Hmm, this chip does seem to be a bit of a toss-up when it comes to temperatures. Reading this Reddit thread doesn't really suggest much in terms of cause, so before you go fiddling with BIOS settings I recommend you check the basics:
  1. Is the heatsink properly attached and covering all of the chip?
  2. Is the thermal paste applied correctly with enough coverage? Is there too much paste?
  3. Are the fans mounted so that you're pulling air into the case from the front? Don't pull from the top; hot air rises and by having your fans intake from the top means you're fighting convection.
  4. Is the highest point in your AIO loop above the pump? Air will settle in the highest point and if that happens to be the pump, it really hurts performance.
  5. Is your case providing good enough ventilation?
  6. Is the PC, in fact, on fire?
That last one isn't serious. Mostly.

Associate
OP
Hmm, this chip does seem to be a bit of a toss-up when it comes to temperatures. Reading this Reddit thread doesn't really suggest much in terms of cause, so before you go fiddling with BIOS settings I recommend you check the basics:
  1. Is the heatsink properly attached and covering all of the chip?
  2. Is the thermal paste applied correctly with enough coverage? Is there too much paste?
  3. Are the fans mounted so that you're pulling air into the case from the front? Don't pull from the top; hot air rises and by having your fans intake from the top means you're fighting convection.
  4. Is the highest point in your AIO loop above the pump? Air will settle in the highest point and if that happens to be the pump, it really hurts performance.
  5. Is your case providing good enough ventilation?
  6. Is the PC, in fact, on fire?
That last one isn't serious. Mostly.

Yeah the points above have been checked, though point 6 may explain why i cant see my screen for smoke :)

Associate
I ended up down clocking my 11600k a little to avoid the high voltages and temps. Another way is to just lock in a fixed Vcore and test, test, test. I do think these chips are voltage hungry when boosting to pl2…. You could try reducing pl2 to a lower wattage…

Back
Top Bottom