£1200 65" tv reccmendation

Soldato
Hi

New tv time next month, what does £1200ish get you in the 65" size?

Preferably samsung, always had them and happy with them.

Will just be tv and movie usage.

Thanks.

Associate
It depends if you don't mind getting a year old model or so but you're able to get the 65" 2021 Qn95a model for about £920 - £1050 if you keep looking out for a deal.

The 2020 model is currently £750 direct from Samsung if you use the discount code too:

You'll pay more if you want the current 2022 models, but I'm always waiting for deals on the older ones so I'm not sure on current model prices!

Soldato
OP
It depends if you don't mind getting a year old model or so but you're able to get the 65" 2021 Qn95a model for about £920 - £1050 if you keep looking out for a deal.

The 2020 model is currently £750 direct from Samsung if you use the discount code too:

You'll pay more if you want the current 2022 models, but I'm always waiting for deals on the older ones so I'm not sure on current model prices!
as long as its on the samsung site im not fussed, the wife has a work perk where you get discounts on certain stores, samsung is one of them.

Associate
as long as its on the samsung site im not fussed, the wife has a work perk where you get discounts on certain stores, samsung is one of them.

That's where I got mine from as well. You've got to be careful as they only come with a 1 year warranty from the perks Samsung site (unless there's a specific offer) but if you buy on credit card, you should be covered under consumer laws. Although I'd hate to have to contest it!

I got mine for 915 I think it was and then 10 percent cash back via TCB (not paid yet so might be rejected) so well under your budget if you can wait till it's the same price.

The OLED vs LED argument I had with myself too and the cost pushed me towards the Samsung. £824 (if TCB tracks) vs £1350 for a similar 65 inch OLED (at the time) was a no brainer for me.

Soldato
Most of our viewing is in bright room. Sun on it most of time. If budget went to 1400 would it make a difference?

If you're after a Samsung and view in a bright room than the 2021 Qn95a suggested in the first reply is one of the best options.
The 2022 equivalent costs double and offers very little extra

Associate
Most of our viewing is in bright room. Sun on it most of time. If budget went to 1400 would it make a difference?

You should take a look at a 75" X90J. I have one and it is excellent. 4K 120hz full array local dimming with VRR. They are being replaced by newer models but if you can find one it should be in your budget.

Soldato

damm - that was £639 on Amazon/Ebat/Reliantdirect when I checked the other day, noe £719!

Soldato

Just FYI this is not the same as the original Q95, this is an IPS variant. I know because my mother bought one.

It’s decent, but you can clearly see a lack of contrast in comparison to a VA panel.

Back
Top Bottom