• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£1200 for an rx6800xt?!

Soldato
If my 1070 died at this point I'd just use my PS4 until stock of a PS5 was about, no way in hell would I pay this much for a GPU unless it was a 3090. RDNA 3 is coming within a 12 months if AMD's roadmap is correct.

Associate
I thought RDNA3 was not due before the end of 2022? Rumours are rumours, so nothing can be taken for granted but last I heard the launch was going to be like the 6000 series, with units actually going on sale in Dec. A 2 year gap seems about right in normal circumstances, but these days, who knows. Either way, hopefully the chip shortage issues will be resolved by then!

Soldato
Supply and demand.
If I owned a store where pencils sold for 10p each and all of a sudden everyone loved pencils and they were is very short supply, but I had a big stock of them, why the hell wouldnt I put them up to 25p ?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Supply and demand.
If I owned a store where pencils sold for 10p each and all of a sudden everyone loved pencils and they were is very short supply, but I had a big stock of them, why the hell wouldnt I put them up to 25p ?

Because it would be a **** move. If they didn't cost you more to get, and you were already making a profit per unit at 10p, then be happy with that and don't be greedy?

I know I wouldn't up the price if it wasn't costing me any more to buy stock, because I have a moral compass and would feel like I was taking advantage of the situation and my customers if I did raise the price.

Associate
Because it would be a **** move. If they didn't cost you more to get, and you were already making a profit per unit at 10p, then be happy with that and don't be greedy?

I know I wouldn't up the price if it wasn't costing me any more to buy stock, because I have a moral compass and would feel like I was taking advantage of the situation and my customers if I did raise the price.
they could also be using the extra profits assuming there is any and the aib have not been doing massive markups to make up for the loss or 0 profit they are making still honouring origional pre order pricing for those in the queue

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

they could also be using the extra profits assuming there is any and the aib have not been doing massive markups to make up for the loss or 0 profit they are making still honouring origional pre order pricing for those in the queue

Seeing how no one else has stock, I think it's safe to assume the prices from AIBs are very high and only OCUK have been willing to take up the deal. And looking at how they are selling they appear to have made the right call.

I doubt OCUK are making any more on these cards than they were when they were selling them for 800.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

That's not how it works though - the cost you sell at is what the market can bear taking into account demand, competition, your customers demographics etc.

If the market couldn't support 1200 for a 6800xt then they wouldn't sell for 1200.

Caporegime
That's not how it works though - the cost you sell at is what the market can bear taking into account demand, competition, your customers demographics etc.

If the market couldn't support 1200 for a 6800xt then they wouldn't sell for 1200.

It hasn't really sold considering there's supposed to be "demand".

And that outlook is why the world is crap.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

It hasn't really sold considering there's supposed to be "demand".

And that outlook is why the world is crap.

The liquid devil (1289) was at 10+ yesterday and there is only one left now - they seem to be selling quite well.

Caporegime
The liquid devil (1289) was at 10+ yesterday and there is only one left now - they seem to be selling quite well.

And others are 10+ and cheaper.
If the demand was crazy crazy (Like we're told it is, I disagree) and the market could take the price, they'd all be sold. Instead we're getting prescalped cards from an etailer.

But I'm not in favour of pricing people out of hobbies for greed, so I guess our views will differ.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

And others are 10+ and cheaper.
If the demand was crazy crazy (Like we're told it is, I disagree) and the market could take the price, they'd all be sold. Instead we're getting prescalped cards from an etailer.

But I'm not in favour of pricing people out of hobbies for greed, so I guess our views will differ.

They could have had 100 in stock and sold 85 of them for all we know.

I'd say shifting 10+ cards at 1289 in one day is pretty good.

Soldato
What the hell has happened to overclockers? They used to sell at decent prices, now they have decided to become scalpers too?

£1200 for an rx6800xt is taking the **** and after 10 years of being a loyal customer i doubt I will ever use them again
And please dont say that's today's prices, and overclockers are getting charged a lot from their supplier, because when another big UK company that I guess im not allowed to mention gets them in each week they charge £750-800 for them.

A: Supply and Demand
B: If there suppliers are charging them more should they sell at a loss ?

Back
Top Bottom