123 hosting

Soldato
I have a wordpress site hosted by 123 , but it's seriously slow. Sometimes takes minutes to load and other times get a 500 internal error. Other times it works ok, but it's just too unreliable. I did the WP install myself, so wondering if I did something wrong or is 123 just rubbish?

I contacted support and they said WP plugins make it run slow and to disable, right now I can't even log in.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think we tried 123 about 5 years ago and it was bad then. It was super cheap but if it's not meeting your needs then you might need to pay a little bit more.

We use fasthosts for cheap & simple sites. Their storage backend is pretty flakey in my experience but the majority of the time it works fine. You get what you pay for with hosting.

Associate
Invest £30+VAT for a year and try Vidahost. You won't have any problems. Just a nice running hosting to make your site run nice.

Soldato
If you're using Wordpress, I'd advise TSOHost's cloud services over Vidahost. I've just moved a few websites from Vidahost (reseller Cpanel) to TSOHost (standard cloud) and it's definitely quicker (the sites themselves - the backend usage, such as extracting an archive, is excruciatingly slow). I've not tested Vidahost's cloud services (was rather put down by one of their customer services guys just claiming plugins was the likely cause of the slowing down of my sites, despite even the backend of my site being barely usable at times, so I decided to move).

That said, both are very much a step above the common hosts.

Back
Top Bottom