123-reg

Soldato
What happened to this company's service quality ?

I've had hosting on 2 sites from them for about 4 years, these sites were really just something I played about with, they never really host anything serious.

Lately after a long time with no use, I've found their hosting appalling slow that even a simple text webpage at times takes 10-15 seconds to load. After a quick google, the web is riddled with complaints about their hosting.

MW

Soldato
You should try moving your domains away! They wanted £10+vat per domain and I even did the tagging away!

Fortunately a well worded (copied from ocuk forum) email they decided to let me tag away for free. There support was awful with over 48 hours for a response to an email. I moved everything away to a new registrar and hosting provider (combined) and am blown away at how good they are.

Permabanned
For hosting best is to avoid 123reg, if you really require reliable service you should either try webhost UK or Rshosting reliable, cheap and offering hosting for more than 10 years, I am user of their service for 4plus years.

Soldato
OP
My domains and hosting were set to auto renew, so I'll have to wait till they expire next year. Luckily as said they're not hugely important and I'll just have to put up with the slowness until then but I'll be definitely be moving away from them.

MW

Soldato
I had a few domains registered with them which weren't really much hassle but I had an absolute nightmare with them trying to cancel a hosting package. Their customer support is truly awful with lots of 'left and right hand - never the twain shall meet' type stuff going on. I'd avoid 123 Reg like the plague now.

Associate
123-Reg - Support

Good Morning, my name is Daniel and I work here at 123-Reg.

I Have come across your post and would like to investigate into this.

I would like to help look into this further for you, if you could send me across details such as your Domain/Username to [email protected], I will look into this further for you.

Kind Regards,

Daniel

Back
Top Bottom