123reg arehaving a laugh!

Associate
I forgot to renew a domain with 123reg as I thought it was on automatic renew, and it expired and now they are telling me it'll be 5 days before they make it live again despite taking my money and processing renewal! they tell me its a new policy from the registrar but can't provide a link except to one of there own terms and conditions pages.
All my domains are definitely going to Tsohost now!!

Be warned if you have domains at 123reg make sure you renew them on time!!

they can nab it themselves!
The customer acknowledges that 16 calendar days after the date of expiration 123-reg may at its sole discretion carry out the following actions:

Auction the domain name
Change the Contact Details
Transfer the domain name

If we do not receive the renewal fee within the 16 day period stipulated above 123-reg may at its discretion terminate the agreement and change ownership of the requested domain.
so the 90 day grace period that every other decent registrar gives is not given

at one point they were at least cheap! I'm moving everything to TSOhost they might not be cheapest but there support is amazing and don't do cheap tricks like 123reg!

yep it was my fault that it didn't auto renew as the card details were old, these things happen, my grumble is that they are being unreasonable in making me wait 5 days now until it goes live again despite having payment, and there new t&c's are well out of order in my opinion, not what a company of there standing should be doing!
They've always been rubbish but now they are being unreasonable and rubbish!

thanks for the answer but telling your support guys might be an idea so they can explain it properly!! either way 5 days downtime is not acceptable especially as it is for your own benefit.

Openness and transparency get your customers respect, explaining after the fact does not, either way 5 days imposed downtime is in no way acceptable.

Running round forums firefighting is no way to run a support department, make sure that this sort of thing can't happen in the first place!

I've no problem with them when everything is going fine, and yes it was my fault it expired it was there USELESS support that couldn't explain the reason and there change in policy which caused the 5 days downtime as they were doing something for there benefit that really annoys me and is totallly unacceptable from a business point of view!
As many others have echoed there support is appauling you can't even phone them if you wanted to, and live chat is painful!

Back
Top Bottom