123reg arehaving a laugh!

fez

fez

Caporegime
My biggest issue is simply their prices. I have moved from 123-reg and godaddy to ukreg and its much cheaper and seems to put through any dns changes nice and quickly.

Associate
OP
thanks for the answer but telling your support guys might be an idea so they can explain it properly!! either way 5 days downtime is not acceptable especially as it is for your own benefit.

Openness and transparency get your customers respect, explaining after the fact does not, either way 5 days imposed downtime is in no way acceptable.

Running round forums firefighting is no way to run a support department, make sure that this sort of thing can't happen in the first place!

Caporegime
123-reg are awful, their Eastern European support can barely speak English let alone solve a problem you may be having, they are rude, lazy and incompetent in my experience, leave well alone!

Associate
I have 100+ domains with 123 reg and I can't fault them. I have my own name servers though and make sure that my details are correct for the auto renewal.

Associate
OP
I've no problem with them when everything is going fine, and yes it was my fault it expired it was there USELESS support that couldn't explain the reason and there change in policy which caused the 5 days downtime as they were doing something for there benefit that really annoys me and is totallly unacceptable from a business point of view!
As many others have echoed there support is appauling you can't even phone them if you wanted to, and live chat is painful!

Caporegime
I'm so glad my domain expired a couple of days ago because I was then finally able to move to it tsohost, I had to get openSRS involved to take the domain name away from 123-reg!

Associate
Never had an issue with 123-reg here. Buy domains, they get renewed when they expire, not much to get wrong. I have never used them for hosting or webmail services though so can't comment on that front.

Associate
I had this exact same problem with 123reg, one of our business domain names didn't autorenew, spotted this and instantly renewed it on the same day.

this domain was used for a website and email for our business unit, took 5 days to come back online, 5 days without a website and email.

123reg didn't send us any renewal notice and our card details are in the system as I buy lots of domains with them (over 50 on the same account as this one).

The response from customer services was "we don't have to send notice of expiring domains and we transition your domain even if it is renewed"

So if ANY domain, expired or not reaches its renewal date, you wont be able to make any changes to that domain (nameserver, dns etc) during that 5 day transition period.

We are looking for a new provider for both our dedicated servers and domains.

stay away.

Back
Top Bottom