• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

12900k / z690: tech lust!

Associate
You missed it a third time Ussie! I sold mine when I cancelled my Alderlake order. LOL.

Don’t worry, I wasn’t going to sell it outside Ireland due to all the Customs paperwork anyway. Sold it quick to a fellow enthusiast up in Donegal. He got lucky finding me several pages deep into Google search results, with one of the best kits currently available (2x16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB First Edition 5200mhzCL36…or no longer available) and once I DPD it to him Monday morning he’ll have it in his hands Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning so DDR5 certainly won’t hold his build up. I just hope for his sake that OCUK get some bloody Z690 motherboard stock in and he isn’t left waiting for weeks on his 12900K and mobo.

Associate
You missed it a third time Ussie! I sold mine when I cancelled my Alderlake order. LOL.

Don’t worry, I wasn’t going to sell it outside Ireland due to all the Customs paperwork anyway. Sold it quick to a fellow enthusiast up in Donegal. He got lucky finding me several pages deep into Google search results, with one of the best kits currently available (2x16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB First Edition 5200mhzCL36…or no longer available) and once I DPD it to him Monday morning he’ll have it in his hands Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning so DDR5 certainly won’t hold his build up. I just hope for his sake that OCUK get some bloody Z690 motherboard stock in and he isn’t left waiting for weeks on his 12900K and mobo.

I think motherboard stock will be this week... that's going off a competitors ETA that is - not sure if I am allowed to say their names here

Soldato
There’s a 5200/CL36 part? All I could see is the 5200/CL38 dominator platinum.

All 5200Mhz kits are the bog standard slow kits. I highly recommend doing what I've done; Order a cheap 16GB 4800Mhz kit, to use while waiting for stock of the faster 32GB 6400Mhz+ kits that are coming.

Back when I bought my 6700k setup on release, many picked up the bog standard 2400Mhz kits when they could just wait a little and get 3000Mhz C15 on release, which were significantly better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom