12V - High or Low?

Soldato
Just an observation really and curious to see people's reported voltages, mainly on 12v.

I have an AX860 and for some reason (i'm looking at you ASUS) my voltages run slightly under, but well within ATX Specs. But previous motherboards reported almost bang on.

So OcUK, using HWiNFO64 (to ensure consistency) what are your readings?

odJJTDl.jpg

EDIT:

**UPDATE**

I swapped out my motherboard and the sure enough the voltages are higher as per other boards i've tried.

30aDr3R.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Well, out of curiosity I checked mine, seasonic platinum PSU (forget the exact model) and it's 12.19volts...

Looked at my main rig, Seasonic Titanium Fanless TX700, min of 12.192v, high of 12.288v, although this PSU is pretty much brand new (less than 3 months old).

My other rig, Corsair HX620W 80+ (over 9 years old), min of 12.024v, stable at that voltage. Although this one isn't powering a more power intensive stuff or had any stressfull life. Only a 3570 (nonk) with 16GB RAM and a HD7750, unlike the Seasonic above, or the HX650W Bronze below.

The other PSU I have (which had a wild swing on the 12v line), a Corsair HX650W Bronze, had a min of lower than 12v (think it went down to 11.35v before and swung around to a bit above 12.2v), but that one had lead a tough life trying to keep up with the myriad of changes and high power devices on the main rig for near 9 years. So it was expected that it was on its way out, and now relegated to powering an old Win98SE gaming machine since the demands on the 12v rail are much less on that rig. Incidentally, when it was in the main rig, there were some stability issues when it was pushed (CPU and GPU, so 12v stressed more), and since the 12v line was jumping around a bit, I'm assuming it was related.

Associate
HWiNFO64 says 12.208V. My multimeter (uncalibrated, but should be accurate) says 12.288V measured at a Molex connector. I have a Seasonic Prime 1000W. The ATX spec says the 12V rail has a ±5% tolerance, so the allowed range is 11.4-12.6V.

Back
Top Bottom