140mm fans for case

Associate
Looking for recommendation to fit 3 intake and 1 exhaust at 140mm.

What I'm looking for is fans that run on lower rpm value with highest flow rate, ideally no more then max rpm 1500. From watching YouTube noise tests looks like anything over 1800 rpm gets bit to noisy.

Bit of a mind field with fans, the whooshing of air don't bother me that much but some fans are louder then other by design. Some have weird sounds not sure if is frm blade design or bearing type. Need to keep as quite as possible but deliver good airflow.

Pure wings 3 come to mind, 1200rpm with 50 cfm, not badly priced or Noctua NF-A14 which is nearly double.

Scrap the idea of NF-A14 just listen to noise levels no thank you at that price.

Last edited:
Silent wings 4 are worth a look at. I'd stay away from Noctua 140mm until they release the square version of the new fan that comes with the g2.
Silent wings 4 is 1900rpm fan with 70od cfm, not planning on running fans more then 1000-1200rpm so cfm will drop drastically in that, will hand up paying more for same preformance of pure wings 3 for example. I prefer mto fit more fans then have less and run higher RPM. I could actually go with 5x intake on case but 3 decent quite fans should work out.

Last edited:
These are my go to fan regardless of size. I have 3x92mm & 2x 80mm versions of said fan below in my daily drive rig, which is housed in an old Silverstone LC17 HTPC Case.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £11.99 (includes delivery: £3.99)​
Hmm this on only gets 10db at 1700rpm? Will have to find some noise recording how they sound or what you actually hear

Back
Top Bottom