1440p, 144Hz, IPS and FreeSync

Associate
I am currently looking at getting a 1440p 144Hz IPS panel based monitor with FreeSync (it needs to be FreeSync, not GSync as I have Vega 64), but with an effective FreeSync range that goes up to 144Hz.

I cannot seem to find many, I count [EDIT: Reason = updated information] essentially three. The Aurous AD27QD, which I'm leaning towards, or there is are two Acer Nitro models (one that has really bad reviews r.e. the AUO manufactured panel, and one with the exact same Innolux panel as the AD27QD but with a crappy stand). [/EDIT] All the others that I have found are a few years old (from when they released) and even though they're 144Hz, the effective FreeSync range only goes to something like 96Hz.

Are there any other monitors that fit this critera, or any other suggestions?

Last edited:
Soldato
There are plenty of 144Hz 2560x1440 FreeSync monitors.
Some are just 32" size.
What kind budget you had in mind and do you want curved or straight?

Associate
OP
There are plenty of 144Hz 2560x1440 FreeSync monitors.
Some are just 32" size.
What kind budget you had in mind and do you want curved or straight?

Yeah but they need to be IPS panels, and the FreeSync effective range actually reach the 144Hz refresh rate. Would rather a straight panel, and preferably 27" but no larger than 32". Would like to spend as little as possible but no more than around £500 (as the AD27QD is £535).

Soldato
IPS development has indeed beed neglected.

AU Optronics intended to have new natively 165Hz capable 2560x1440 IPS panel in production at winter, so maybe Computex would have some monitors come with it.
LG should have similar panel go into production maybe during summer.
(both in 27" and 31.5" size)

Associate
OP
I was looking for the same and listed a few that I found and some lower refresh rate compromises but in the end I concluded it's probably just not a good time to be buying a 144Hz IPS panel not least as I couldn't find any that were Free Sync 2 either.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/multi-monitor-setups.18853800/

Yeah, there are not many about. I don't really care about FreeSync2, its main advantage over FreeSync is LFC (Low Framerate Compensation), which for me is not important as I don't expect to go below the effective FreeSync range of around 48FPS/48Hz. From my research, r.e. the four 144Hz 1440p Acer monitors you listed in your linked thread, the VG271UP and XV272U are the two that have the same Innolux panel as the Gigabyte AD27QD, the other two have an AUO Panel which has bad reviews. I might get one of the Acer's rather than pay the extra for the AD27QD, as the only reason I prefer that one is height adjustability when I could just get the Acer plus a VESA mount.

Back
Top Bottom