1440P 27" to 4K 32"?

Associate
I currently have the ASUS pg27aqdm OLED monitor, which is 1440P @ 27", and I have the new 32" Alienware 4K on order.

Curious how the difference is as obviously a 1080p to a 1440p monitor is quite a jump.
Should I notice similar?

I have a RTX4090 so I should still get pretty decent frame rates - I mostly play warzone online and then single player games.

Thanks!

Soldato
Yh!! Not sure!!

I easily get 240fps just now on warzone with everything cranked, so I should still get decent figures. (Hopefully!)
Two areas you will see a remarkable difference is colours and HDR peakbrightness, QD OLED's just look great for colours and outside of WOLEDS with MLA layer they outshine them in brightness too

Last edited:
Associate
Yh!! Not sure!!

I easily get 240fps just now on warzone with everything cranked, so I should still get decent figures. (Hopefully!)
Might also get some extra clarity from the higher resolution.

I’m selfishly curious as I’m currently deciding between the two myself :D play a lot of Apex and OW, plus the general AAA titles.

Associate
OP
Might also get some extra clarity from the higher resolution.

I’m selfishly curious as I’m currently deciding between the two myself :D play a lot of Apex and OW, plus the general AAA titles.
Arrived today and loving it (coming from the PG27AQDM OLED).

Playing Warzone at 4K, everything cranked with frame gen and DLSS quality and getting about 180fps.
Could easily get more if I dropped settings.

Associate
Arrived today and loving it (coming from the PG27AQDM OLED).

Playing Warzone at 4K, everything cranked with frame gen and DLSS quality and getting about 180fps.
Could easily get more if I dropped settings.
I just watched a review of the ASUS version today and it was very positive, even with regards to text clarity.

Glad you’re enjoying it. I might pull the trigger and hope I don’t get neck strain playing Apex :p

Associate
3080 should be ok-ish if you don't mind tuning settings and using DLSS, but yes the 4080S is roughly 50/55% faster so 4k would eat it up!
Yea, I’d probably be fine. Was going to get a 5080 and a 9800X3D (assuming they call it that), which would be a substantial upgrade.

Caporegime
Yea, I’d probably be fine. Was going to get a 5080 and a 9800X3D (assuming they call it that), which would be a substantial upgrade.
Def worth giving it a try first imo, see if you can manage (knowing you have a big upgrade coming soon).

You can always keep an eye open for a s/h 4080 deal too.

Back
Top Bottom