• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1440p for around £450

Associate
As above looking at best options for gaming at 1440p, some 4K if possible, up to 120fps as will be used with a LG CX OLED. So far options seem to be 3080, 6800/6900 XT from the previous gen or 7800 XT and 4070 from the current crop.

Do like the idea of RT but I know it’s not going to be strong at this price point, then there’s DLSS and FSR to consider, it’s a minefield.

Associate
OP
Cheers for the suggestions all, think from the looks of what people are putting up and from what I’ve read else where I’ll hang on a bit and push for the 7900 GRE. Tbh 4K was more because it’s the native res of the tv, and was unsure if 1440p would look decent on the CX.

AMD looks to be the card of choice, not many suggesting Nvidia cards. Thought because of DLSS etc they would be top choice, or is FSR and frame gen decent now at 1440p?

Associate
OP
Well after the car felt left out and decided it wanted some money spending on it at the beginning of the week, and the wife being shocked at how much one part of a new pc build can cost (good job I'm not looking at a 4090:D), the budget is pretty much stuck at about £450.

So think that puts it down to the 7800 XT and a 4070, both of which I can get for £450. It's just deciding which one, the 7800 XT tempts me with it's overall better performance and extra VRAM. But the 4070 tempts me with DLSS and better raytracing support, although I know at this budget raytracing is going to hammer performance and may not even be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom