• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1440p Ultrawide experiences

Permabanned
Viewing distance should also be taken into account, the further you sit back from a screen, the sharper/clearer said screen will look since you can't see/notice the pixels as easily. Personally I find with these 21.9 screens, even 29", you want to sit further back to really appreciate the extra FOV/wideness.

I agree, I currently have a cheap Argos computer desk that I use but I have it sat in front of a chest of draws which I have the monitor on increasing the distance between me and it.

I want to get a new desk but figure I'll have to do a DIY job to get the distance I want.

Associate
I use one of the large ikea desks which puts me about 60cm away from the screen. More when i'm leaning back and using a controller. At that distance 29'' 1080p ultrawide is clear enough.

Soldato
OP
dont worry its already on a Vesa mount.

But just a quick test lol

ROG swift 27" 1440p + X34A + Rog Swift 27" 4K
for reference the desk is 160CM wide.
x34A.jpg

Associate
Thats not the fault of the monitor.

I didn't say it was. I was just explaining how I broke it.
I believe the design of the base is to stop screen wobble if there is any desk wobble from keyboard/mouse exertions. This will not be factor for many people. I would have liked Acer to have offered an alternative stand, given my failure to think of finding a different one myself.

Last edited:
Associate
Honestly, if you want to add the wow factor to your rig, something like the X34A is the way to go. Even with its foibles, it's an absolute pleasure to use for both work and gaming.

Expensive, but worth it IMO - I'll probably keep my X34 for considerably longer than any other component in my system.

Soldato
Same here,
The 38" ultrawide that's releasing soon'll make a good alternative.

I'd like to see a pic of one alongside a 34" too see how much bigger it is in real life.

The 38 does not look that much bigger than the 34, the Mrs says she can't tell the difference, I found when gaming it really shows as you can feel more of your vision taken up

Soldato
The 38 does not look that much bigger than the 34, the Mrs says she can't tell the difference, I found when gaming it really shows as you can feel more of your vision taken up

If your missus can't tell the difference from the extra 4" I think you've got a keeper there, mate. :D

TBH, I think I'd rather see higher FPS or 34"-4K-Ultrawide as opposed to bigger screen size.

Back
Top Bottom