• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14900K Dropping Core Clock

Associate
I have a issue with my 14900K, unsure if this is normal. If I have everything on Default including MCE auto and enforce limits of 254Watt P1/P2 I am having my core clocks drop from 5.7 to around 5.2 instantly in any bench mark.
However I have remove all limits I instantly get 330w approx, is this normal?
I thought the stated limit of 254 allowed for full clock speeds.
Thanks.

Soldato
I have a issue with my 14900K, unsure if this is normal. If I have everything on Default including MCE auto and enforce limits of 254Watt P1/P2 I am having my core clocks drop from 5.7 to around 5.2 instantly in any bench mark.
However I have remove all limits I instantly get 330w approx, is this normal?
I thought the stated limit of 254 allowed for full clock speeds.
Thanks.

Sounds normal. Pick between lower power (and performance) or higher power (and more performance) with all limits removed.

Associate
Sounds more like throttling due to high temps. I'm getting a higher all core clock on the 13900k with limits enforced. Read into setting the offset voltages and adjusting the load line's.

Man of Honour
Not 14900 but my 14700 holds its clocks fine in benchmarks up until it hits 100C in extreme multi-thread tests when it starts to drop them unless I turn the fans up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom