• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14900KS/Apex Encore - Clock Dropping in games

Associate
Hi all,

I posted a while ago about clock dropping and stability issues I have had with my 14900KS.

I updated to the latest bios with the 0x129 microcode and have not experienced any instability so far, which is great.

In games I am unable to sustain the x59 all core clock speed. It just bounces around all over the place. I still score around 39K in Cinebench R23. I am not thermal throttling in games.

I have tried undervolting, disabling CEP, C states, AVX offsets, TVB/eTVB. Tried performance and extreme power profiles.

My loadline setting is level 5 (stock) and other than enabling XMP everything is stock in the bios (other than attempted changes above.) My AC/DC loadline matches at 0.73.

In HWInfo64 I get performance limit reasons: IA: Electrical Design Point/Other (ICCmax,PL4,SVID,DDR RAPL), IA: Max Turbo Limit, IA: Thermal Velocity Boost.

Does anyone have any idea how to get the cores to stay at the highest all core level, like I believe they should?

Thank you!

Cores will go up and down as load required and is the default behaviour on Intel and AMD, if you want them to stay at the same frequency you'll need to set a manual clock up.

Cores will go up and down as load required and is the default behaviour on Intel and AMD, if you want them to stay at the same frequency you'll need to set a manual clock up.
I know that the clocks should go up and down in an idle or full load situation (power/temp limited) but they should definitely stay at x59 all core in a gaming workload. I had a 14900K and that always stayed at x57 all core in games.

Back
Top Bottom