180hp for £2,700- what's the catch?

Soldato
OP
All this talk has changed my vague day dreams into actual maybe sort of nearly plans to save up a bit... Unfortunately insurance quotes come out at £1500 to £1700 for the Octavia and ST220 (drawback of being 23, even with 5 years ncb) so it might be a one year only if I do car and insurance in one hit. Still, it would be a great way of getting some experience of faster cars and how they drive...

Shameful question considering I call myself a car guy... Is the Octavia 4wd? I can't remember

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the suggestions and insight. I've been tempted by rx8s now as they're rwd and generally more sports focused and harder than a soarer or big merc. I did think about the soarer ( might have been Lexus equivalent) and look at old e classes but I think I want something more sporty than an auto luxo barge.

In not looking for masses of power, I can overtake just fine in my 1996 76hp Almera thanks. I'm more after sporty feel than outright speed, although no less than 160 in a family sized car so that it is a nice increase from an experience point of view. And yes I'm considering an mx5 before suggesting!

Can someone explain remapping? It seems to be like overclocking for your car... Noticeable performance increase for not much money? I'm not keen on it as I imagine insures will get a bit ****y about that... Unless it "doesn't count" as modifying?

Back
Top Bottom