Man of Honour
OP
What state of tune is the engine in?

Are the 3 exhausts held together with springs?

1) Stock, but he had a 660cc motor that he was planning to put into it. I declined as that's too much work for me and if I ever need more power then I will just buy a litre bike.

2) No, jubilee clips and exhaust paste are needed to change exhausts. You can see them in the box at the back.

Man of Honour
OP
Very good bike the r6 5eb.

Cbr600rr3 here.

Waiting for scrutineering to open

Obligatory action shot

Lovely bike.

What does scrutineering entail? I've only rented bikes before for track days so they did everything for me.

I know my tyres have 1-2 track days left in them so I'll be bringing my spare tyres and pads to my first track day, but is there anything else I need to be thinking about?

Lovely bikes! I'd love a track bike, or a supermoto for the track - maybe when I buy the next house; I'll get a garage and make the dream come true :)

My purchase was only £2000 and that's in mega expensive Switzerland so the entry price can be very low. I'm certain that the ongoing costs aren't cheap though.

Man of Honour
OP
I'd love a track bike and I've looked into it so many times, even into looking at how I could turn a transit van into an overnight camper with room for a track bike! The cost of individual track days puts me off though, especially as my nearest track to home is Oulton park, or where I work now, my nearest track is Brands which is 2 hours away :(

My nearest track is 3.5 hours away.

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks for the advice and nice photos uksoldierboy.

I got a video of a random lap. I didn't time them so I have no idea if this is my best or worst time.

Back
Top Bottom