Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I don't want to speak to them about it at all if I am being unreasonable. But if not, then I'd like to go in with a sensible suggestion or at least some idea of what to say.

Firstly, I moved here about 8 months ago, my smallish garden shares one boundary with another house, which is the one shown in the picture in the spoiler below.

I have only spoken to them once when they asked if they could jet-wash along that fence line to clean it on their side, which I said was fine to do. Therefore I don't really know them, their house is not right alongside mine, rather it's facing away from it and fronts onto a different road.

The extent of the boundary is shown, the rest is hidden behind my large garage wall on the right of the pic.

On my side the fence is about 6ft high. Their screening fence above mine is probably about 8ft high (which is fine). The Cantilever arm on that Parasol is probably about 10ft high from the patio on my side.

My concerns are primarily that the arm on that parasol is a bit of an eyesore, being so tall and right next to my boundary. I think in practice if the arm could be moved so it was not at the fence, I would probably be OK with where the Parasol itself sits.

Is this worth the hassle of asking them about?

eTeikpf.jpg

Soldato
OP
It's only been there for the last few days, and to me didn't look particularly stable even in the relatively light breeze we've had a couple of days back.

For them I suppose it makes sense + they don't have to look at the tall ugly pole! :D

My garage on the right juts into their garden, so my suggestion to them may have been to put the pole alongside that instead, that way my own garage will block my view of it better.

So the parasol is ok but the little bit of brown pipe isn't?

Can't see a problem with it to be honest, it's hardly an eyesore and they can't be that much of a nuisance if you've only spoken to them once in 8 months.

It's more the sheer height of that pole where it is really, and yeah no real issues it's reasonably quiet around here.

Don't want to make a nuisance of myself etc, but I'd not be putting a 10ft pole + Parasol next to my neighbours garden without asking them first personally.

Soldato
OP
Thanks chaps case solved, I'll go with the crowd wisdom of ignoring it! :)

Like I said originally I was mainly asking to see if anyone thought it was worth bringing up, but clearly this is not the case.

I would prefer to stay on good terms with the neighbors so I shall not mention to them.

Soldato
OP
Looks completely fine to me???

The bigger eye sore if probably the big brick garage wall to your right or the lack of any lawn :p

If it really bothers you, you could get some big potted plants to cover that wall. Bamboo in pots works as a great screener.

Yeah I am considering options with the garden at the moment. I took it back to how it is now which is more or less plain patio, but I spent cash renovating inside as more of a priority.

If I do anything with the garden it would likely be for next year.

Not a big gardener so I do appreciate low maintenance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom