19" Acer AL1916W Widescreen Silver/Black

Soldato
Well after the negative experiences some people have had with this screen I just thought I'd post and let you guys know I got mine for £159 delivered and its great, works brilliantly and has no dead pixels or anything!

Associate
adren said:
Hi, can anyone measure the actual viewable height and width of this monitor for me, not the diagonal.

whip the tape measure out again...

Roughly-
Width: 41cm (About 16.25 inches)
Height: 26cm (just over 10 inches)

Shakey_Jake33 said:
Might be wiser to set the 360 to 1280x768 to keep the 16:10 ratio.
I'll give that a go and see what it's like.

Suspended
how do i use mine as a tv as i will be getting ntl for myself (installed in the next couple of days) as i have this monitor i dont see the point in bringing an old 14" tv from home.

Associate
WolfR1der is there any chance of you posting some pics of 360 games running on that monitor id be very grateful, But i understand if you dont have time to do so.

Thanks.

Associate
adren said:
And thats without any 'black box' type thing like you have on CRT monitors round the edge?
Yup, that's the actual screen size (without the plastic bit round the edge) that you see. If you mean 'black box' as in the bit CRT's have round the edge of the picture, TFT's don't do that.

runing.man said:
WolfR1der is there any chance of you posting some pics of 360 games running on that monitor id be very grateful, But i understand if you dont have time to do so.
It's late now, but i'll get you some tomorrow...er..today :p

Edit:
I only have Hitman and GR:AW, so here are shots from those. I can do more if you're looking for something specific, or some classic Xbox games.

Last edited:
Associate
i was to order 2 of these today but due to a few bills poping up it wont be untill the end of the month and i feel gutted, but since the bills have been paid and sorted, i will have extra cash at the end of the month so i just mite push out for 20.1" WS display, just need to find one for the value of the Acer.

Soldato
I'm desperate to find out if this registry hack works, would someone owning this monitor using and nvidia card be able to try the following please:

Type 'regedit' in run.
Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi/defaults
Find the setting 'flatpanel scaling'
Let me know what its set to, should be 1.
Try setting it to 0.

This should enable nvidia aspect scaling in the nvidia control panel which is effectively software 1.1 pixel mapping and will allow any game to be played without stretching. Currently trying to find out if this works, and if so does it work on all ws monitors.

The thread discussing this is here. Sorry for the hijack. ;)

Associate
Hi i have the monitor now and its great will post some photos in a bit, but i want to have pc and 360 on this so i need a switch box can any one tell me if this will do it

or can any one link me to a item that would allow me to do this thanks.

it wont let me link it so this is the info from the page

KVM Switches Information:
• Mini sized control units that allow access to two computers from a single keyboard, mouse and monitor
• Set up is fast and easy, plugging cables into their appropriate ports is all that is required
• There is no software to configure, complex installation or incompatibility problems
• Supports Microsoft Intellimouse and the scrolling wheel on most mice
• Keyboard and mouse emulation for error free PC booting
• Easy to operate - PC selection via push button switch or hot keys- auto scan function to monitor
• PC operation
• LED display for easy monitoring
• Hot pluggable
• Compatible with all operating platforms
• Caps Lock, Num Lock and Scroll Lock status are saved and restored when switching
• Superior video quality - Up to 1920 x 1440
• Compact, sturdy and durable metal housing
• Logical connector layout
• Saves time, space, power and equipment costs
• Host powered
• ZP18U 2 metre cables for connection to KVM switch boxes
• ZP19V 3 metre cables for connection to KVM switch boxes

Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
I run mine through a KVM switch without any problems. The official Microsoft VGA cable comes with a VGA-VGA adaptor that you'l likely need, not sure about third-party cables (but their quality is supposed to be much worse anyway).
Superior video quality - Up to 1920 x 1440
That's the important bit i'd say, looks like it should support the resolutions no problem. Should be what you need, though you could probably find a less feature-rich and cheaper switch if you wanted.

Back
Top Bottom